European holiday with girlfriends

I am looking to book a European holiday in July with 5 friends. We want somewhere near the coast so we can have chill beach days (ideally with a beach club nearby) but also somewhere with a good bars and restaurants for the evening.
Thinking of staying in an Airbnb but also open to hotel recos! Planning to go for 5 days.

1 Like

I went to Lisbon with a pal, it was a good few years ago so definitely did not make the most of the nightlife but we loved it! Great restaurants and the best of city and beaches. Barcelona is similar vibes too x

1 Like

Cannot recommend Greece enough for this! Skip the mainland and bigger islands and try somewhere like Antiparos which has the fab Soros Beach Club.

1 Like

I would most definitely recommend Ibiza, many beach clubs and night life, but also beautiful beaches, you can also go by ferry to Formentera for the days, just amazing!!!

1 Like

Mallorca :100:
We’ve had 40th & 50th birthday celebrations here.
Palma city or palma nova are both excellent locations for beach clubs, bars, restaurants, shopping. Without the Ibiza price tag.
Lisbon also great or Mykonos.

1 Like

Would really recommend Palma in Mallorca - beautiful city, plenty of bars and restaurants, beaches and beach clubs close by too.

1 Like

I would suggest Barcelona - great restaurants and bars and close to the beach! The Hoxton would be a great place to stay… Visit Our Hotel in Poblenou, Barcelona | The Hoxton

1 Like

What about Corsica? It is stunning and not over crowded.

1 Like

Northern Europe/Scandinavia/Nordic countries is a beautiful place in the summer, my recommendation is a different option. We have amazing beaches, too and the summer weather is mostly warm in July. A lot of fresh water lakes, thousands of summer cottages/houses, a long shoreline and beautiful archipelago. Finland is one of cleanest and safest countries in the whole world.

2 Likes

cinque terre!/ Portofino (Off season if you can)
hop from town to town.
climb down steep cliffs to take a dip in the teeny tiny coves.
eat fresh basil sorbet.
Drink coffee and eat gluten free farinata!

Barcelona is really great for both beach and city vibes, also really lots of places for drinks and lovely restaurants x

I 2nd Lisbon, so fun!