Favourite London neighbourhoods to explore on a weekend

Hey! Would love to know which London neighbourhoods you think are worth exploring on a weekend? I’m a London resident so have done all of the touristy spots but would appreciate any recommendations x

1 Like

https://www.marylebonevillage.com/ Marylebone Village is one of my favourite places to go. Also Broadway Market on a Saturday is nice to go and get some great coffee, pick up some lunch (La Tua Pasta is amazing) and also Meringue Girls is delicious for a treat.

3 Likes

Here are a couple of my favourites:

2 Likes

I rate a day trip to Richmond if you want to go a little further afield from Central - you could walk along the river to Petersham Nurseries or Ham

2 Likes

Hackney Wick is fun - lots of street art and it’s nice along the canal. Could combine with Victoria Park too (which has a great food market on a Sunday).

2 Likes

I went to Greenwich for the first time at the weekend and loved it. I didn’t realise how much there was to explore over there. A great choice for some history/culture, plenty of green space and some buzzy pitstops for a drink by the river.

5 Likes

I love Hampstead - lots of cute cafes / pubs and Hampstead Heath too!

2 Likes

Agree with this. I would also recommend, it you have the time, getting a Thames Clipper boat. You can visit Greenwich, Tate Modern, other central London sites, including Tate Britain, and Battersea Power Station. It’s a fascinating way to see London, and the only bit of public transport where you can have a glass of wine!

2 Likes

Columbia Road Flower Market is lovely on a Sunday morning - beautiful flowers, lots of little places to get a coffee/brunch.

2 Likes

Hampstead Heath is great! Home to Kenwood House, as well as the bathing ponds for any upcoming heatwaves and the Parliament Hill viewpoint. The Coffee Cup & Euphorium are great places for a coffee & pastry. Or Ginger & White for brunch.

2 Likes

Greenwich is such a pretty area to explore. Great for a good British lunch and pub crawl!

3 Likes

Agreed Columbia Road is such a great Sunday morning spot

1 Like

Walthamstow is great - you could visit walthamstow village, gods own junkyard, lloyd park does a food market on a Saturday

1 Like

Definitely Richmond, I’d recommend The Fat Badger for food, or The Britannia pub (with lovely outside space too) or The White Swan Richmond (recommend request table in pub area personally, esp. in autumn/winter as has a cosy fire). The Terrace Gardens are lovely to wander up (from the tow path, perhaps on way back from Petersham Nurseries). Cafe there (Hollyhokes) or grab a coffee / take a picnic and sit with lovely views over the river. Wander along the terrace at the top for stunning views and read the inscriptions on benches all along (bring tissues!). You can go to the Roebuck pub (nothing special inside!) for a drink to take out over the road and sit on a bench with view. Also - Tide Tables cafe by the bridge has tables outside that are public. You can take your own picnic and sit there!

I also rate going to Farringdon/Clerkenwell on a weekend as it’s quiet but really interesting to wander around, with fabulous restaurants and some of the original gastro pubs. Catches Exmouth Market area too.

1 Like

Love Richmond. Noted all these reccs Sam. We hired a little boat, it was £10ph each and we had a lovely afternoon (providing the sun is out of course and someone is good at using oares ha ha!)

2 Likes

Stoke Newington is reaaally cute, got loads of cute little shops with cooking stuff, art and bits and bobs. There’s also a really nice park there with animals like deer and goats which is something a bit different- great for a stroll with a coffee. If you fancy a roast as well there’s some great pubs in the area for it!

1 Like

Absolutely love Richmond and Greenwich for days out in London. If in Richmond, catch the boat down to Hampton Court- it’s so stunning along the river. The same if going to Greenwich for the day- catch an Uber Boat down there from Central- you’ll see all the landmarks along the way.

1 Like