Flat design ideas

Hi, so I’m 23 years old and I rent a flat but I am looking for ways to make it look more grown up and elegant (on a budget!).

If you try and keep it neutral with natural materials, that always look elegant eg marble, jute, linen - like in this feature I wrote

h&m home and zara have some lovely accessories on a budget. Also Rose & Grey if you’re after something with a little more colour…

When you’re renting I think it’s about the little details – candles, vases and cushions all elevate a room and you don’t have to spend loads. The high street has a lot of great options! We featured these mini vases from H&M Home on the LuxeGirl hub recently.

I’ve also spotted these Champagne coupes. Pretty crockery and glassware can double up as decor on display on a shelf or side table.

Don’t dismiss Etsy and eBay too, you can find some great vintage soft furnishing at low prices. I have a secondhand white linen embroidered table cloth and it’s so easy to dress up with cute tea light holders and some flowers.