Hair Colouring - Ask Us Everything You Want To Know

From the latest colour trends to who to see for highlights and how best to boost your shade, ask us all your questions relating to hair colour and we will pass them over to the experts to answer on site on the 7th of September.

Are in-salon treatments like Olaplex / Fusion dose by Kerastase worth the additional £ ?

After you have your hair coloured, how long should you leave it before you wash it - is there an optimum time frame to help the colour bond or develop?

How best to maintain ice blonde hair without using a toner? Any top tips that aren’t just purple shampoo? x

Is colouring your hair bad if you have curly/textured hair?
What’s a good option if you don’t want to get it coloured regularly?
What should you do if you don’t like the colour after it’s been done?

What is the best way to keep my balayage as bright as when it was first done?

Are hair glosses a good low-cost alternative to hair colouring?

what are the best treatments for colour treated hair?

What is the best to way to start dying your hair, without damaging it too much, if your natural hair colour is really dark?

How to reduce/avoid hair fall out after dying my hair?

I colour my own hair using a box dye, I’m happy with the results, is there a difference nowadays between box and salon products?

I have recently had highlights done and my hair is really thin so it looks quite damaged. I use now the Metal detox mask from L’Oréal and the JVN hair shampoo, hydrating one. Seems to give it a much better look.

I stopped colouring my hair in lockdown and have a fairly white hairline especially at the sides but it’s not as grey as I’d like. I don’t want to bleach and tone to get more silver but I really would like the rest of my hair to be more silver and toned in. I have tried wella true grey light graphite but it makes my hair a bit too dark. Any help?? Thank you.

Thank you for all of your questions, the story has just gone live on site today!