Honeymoon destination January

Looking for a hot honeymoon destination in January, Maldives or the Caribbean would be the dream but appreciate this is a particularly expensive time!
Any recommendations would be so appreciated!

2 Likes

Hey congratulations on your wedding!! I think it depends on if you want to do all inclusive or if you’re happy to try local cuisine - but Mauritius is a great location and there’s lots of luxury hotels as well as local culture.

1 Like

I’m biased as I’m from South Africa but Cape Town in January is hot and beautiful - super affordable as well! X congrats on the wedding!

1 Like

Have you considered St Lucia? One of the more affordable islands (but most beautiful and green IMO).

Personally, I would love to go to South or Central America - Cuba, Guatemala, Mexico all great options for more of an adventure holiday

1 Like

The Philippines would be an amazing honeymoon destination and has great weather in January as their dry season. Has some incredible beaches in the Palawan region, including water villas like you see in the Maldives - but not as pricey.

1 Like
  • Thailand - Known for it’s beautiful beaches, rich culture and delicious cuisine. Places like Phuket, Koh Samui and Krabi offer stunning beach experiences.
  • Bali - Popular honeymoon destination with a mix of beaches, cultural experiences and beautiful landscapes. Ubud, seminyak, and Nusa Dua are great areas to consider.
  • Sri Lanka - Offering beautiful beaches, fascinating culture and incredible wildlife. You can explore ancient temples, go on safari and relax on beaches.
  • Mexico - Destinations like Cancun, Tulum or Playa del Carmen.
  • Mauritius
  • Seychelles
  • Costa Rica
  • Vietnam - Areas like Da Nang and Phu Quoc.