Honeymoon ideas!

Hi,

Looking for some honeymoon ideas, please! Ideally, we are looking for two weeks with a mix of activity/adventure and then chill by the pool or beach. Happy to travel around a little bit if needed.

Thank you!

3 Likes

For our honeymoon, we had visited Australia - we had stayed in Sydney and then flew to Armidale. From there we rented a car and drove along the Waterfall Way until we reached the Blue Mountains. We had stayed at the Fairmont Resort & Spa Blue Mountains in Leura.

We went to Panama for our honeymoon. It had all of those things. We had an amazing stay in the old town to start with then went to Red Frog Beach, then crossed to the other coast and staying at a beautiful resort called Cala Mia that had infinity pools over the ocean. Finished off with a lovely boat trip through the canal. Would very much recommend it.

My friend has just booked a honeymoon to Vietnam, planning a few days in Hanoi before going to the beaches and some luxury hotels for a few nights. Sounds like the perfect mix of adventure and city.

Personally, I love the idea of Malaysia (KL is really cool), with a week or so in Langkawi.

1 Like

Cliche for a reason: Bali - wonderful beaches, food and great hiking spots. Uluwatu and Nusa Dua are lovely!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

1. Costa Rica - Start your adventure in the lush rainforests, exploring Arenal Volanco, Zip-lining, and wildlife watching. Then head to the Guanacaste beaches for some serious relaxation and sunbathing.

2. Bali and Gili Islands - Begin in Bali with it’s rich culture, rice terraces and great surf spots. You can enjoy activites like hiking, snorkeling, and exploring temples. After soaking up Bali’s vibrant atmosphere, take a short boat ride to the tranquil Gili Islands for pristine beaches and a more laid-back vibe.

3. South Africa and Mauritius - Start with a safari in one of South Africa’s national parks such as Kruger or Addo Elephant National Park. Follow this with a visit to the winelands near Cape Town. Then fly to Mauritius for a week of relaxation on idyllic beaches.

4. Italy - Amalfi Coast and Sardinia - Begin with the stunning Amalfi Coast, Exploring picturesque towns like Positano and Amalfi, and enjoying the Italian cuisine. After a week, head over to the island of Sardinia for gorgeous beaches and a more laid-back beachy vibe.

5. Sri Lanka and Maldives: Explore Sri Lanka’s rich culture, tea plantations, and incredible wildlife. Then hop over to the Maldives for overwater bungalows, crystal clear waters and some of the world’s best snorkelling and diving.

6. New Zealand and Fiji - Perfect for couples who love the great outdoors, New Zealand offers everything from hiking to bungee jumping in stunning landscapes. After your adventure fly to Fiji for a week of relaxation on beautiful beaches, enjoying island life.

Happy Honeymoon Planning!

2 Likes

It would be Japan or West Coast USA/Mexico for me!

I highly recommend visiting Oaxaca in Mexico.

Oaxaca city is incredibly vibrant - there are loads of amazing restaurants, salsa bars, cafes. Plenty of places to do a Mezcal/Tequila tasting too.

Additionally, a short flight or overnight bus ride to the coast is definitely worth it. Puerto Escondido and Mazunte have the most beautiful beaches, are within close proximity and can be explored within a few days.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the effort here, currently thinking Sri Lanka and the Maldives or Costa Rica.

Hey, I realise you wrote this some time ago but just incase you’re still considering your honeymoon destination I’d highly recommend Mauritius.
Beautiful beaches, amazing food and you can move around from the south coast where you can hike the mountain with insane views, fishing trips/ scuba dive or go to a rum distillery.
Then go to East coast to a resort like the Constance Prince Maurice. This is where we honeymooned and we could not recommend it enough: the stay included daily water sports, a private dinner, breakfast in bed and discount on a couples massage for those on honeymoon. There was so much more on offer like wine and chocolate tasting, a floating restaurant and yoga classes etc. Have a read about our stay:

Have the best time wherever you decide :slight_smile: