Hotels / B&Bs in and around Newcastle

I am going to Scotland in May and looking to stop in/ around Newcastle on the way. I was wondering if anyone had any luxe hotel or guesthouse suggestions?

Alice
x

3 Likes

Hi Alice! That sounds exciting. Where abouts in Scotland are you travelling to? I’m currently living in Aberdeen but have family in North East England so I know that route quite well!

Ramside Hall is just south of Newcastle (closer to Durham) and its really luxe and modern with a spa and restaurants on site. Celebrities like to stay there.
https://www.ramsidehallhotel.co.uk/

If you prefer a more traditional vibe, Jesmond Dene House is in Newcastle and Lumley Castle is just south of Newcastle off the A1. Both are really lovely and have fab restaurants.

40 Winks in Durham looks beautiful and is on my list of hotels to try next time I visit.

Newcastle also has the likes of Hilton, Hotel du Vin and Malmaison which are always good (although I’ve not personally stayed in the Newcastle ones).

Hope that helps! X

1 Like

I stayed at the Malmaison for a wedding a couple of years ago – it’s in a really good location right on the river and opposite the Baltic, which made getting around and exploring really easy. Enjoy it, I LOVE Newcastle!

1 Like

I would take a look at Roomzz

Hi there,

I’m based in Newcastle and would recommend staying on the Quayside. Innside by Melia is a great choice (I recently stayed there for the night before and after my wedding). It’s a modern hotel with an excellent location. Another option worth considering is Hotel du Vin, a bit further up the river on the Newcastle side, but close to Ouseburn - a fantastic area to explore.

As a bit of a wildcard option, if you’re open to something a bit different, head out of the city centre towards the coast at Tynemouth. There you’ll find The Tynemouth Castle Inn, a newly refurbished art deco hotel. Tynemouth is on the Metro line, approximately a 30-minute journey to the city centre.

Hope this helps with your plans!

The Vermont is by far the best hotel in Central Newcastle. Short walk to the train station. I stay here on a regular basis . Kai Kai curry restaurant is a short walk away. Food is AMAZING.