Ibiza Recommendations

I am off to Ibiza in August for the first time with 7 friends! Does anyone have any reccs? We’re staying south of the island and Formentera is on the agenda! Food, beach clubs… anything and everything! x

1 Like

Read our ultimate Ibiza guide here!

Also forgot to mention SamBoat for the best boat trips in Ibiza & Formentera x

Six Senses has launched a new Japanese restaurant called The Beach Caves, which sounds excellent.

Montesol Experimental is also new this summer and look great! https://www.montesolexperimental.com/

Formentera is a favourite of ours. Beso beach, Es Molli, Juan and Andrea and Chez Gerdi are all really great lunch spots - lunching (from boats) obviously being the main sport on the island!

Here is some recs that friends & I have made for Ibiza:

Restaurants:
Jul’s - fine dining Greek food. Beautiful venue.
Nagai - Japanese, good alternative to Bambuddha
TAPAS in San Antonio - Great food and easy going. Not snooty! Good for groups.
Laylah - Its right near Pacha too so good for drinks/nibbles before if you’re going there
Roto - Restaurant is perched at top the marina and has got panoramic views. Haven’t been but heard good things from ibiza residents
La Paloma - Out in the campo, but well worth it for the beautiful garden settings and really fresh farm to table style food. Very nice lunch place!
Aubergine - another great farm to table style thing going on. Really pretty campo settings.
Casa Maca: https://www.white-ibiza.com/ibiza-restaurant-casa-maca/
Cappuccino - Just nice for a coffee :slight_smile: Great view of marina

Spa:
Atzaro - you can get deals for the spa and spend a day at the pool with lunch. Amazing countryside setting and venue. Really beaut, zen vibes. Restaurant at Atzaro spa is also good if you go to the spa and want to grab lunch.

Beaches:
Es Vedra
Cala Benirrás - Sunset drums on a Sunday.
La Salinas
Cala Comte - Sunset ashram, great for a sunset
Cala Oliveira - bit of a secluded one but nice.
Cala Gracia and Cala Gracioneta - next to each other near San An. There is a nice beach club on Gracioneta.

Got more so let me know if you want the rest of the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love the rest! LOVE a recco. Super helpful, thank you! x

Fab - thank you Pip x

Will have a nose! x

TY TY. We were trying to find where to hire a boat from x

Beach Clubs/places to drink:

CBBC - Cala Bassa Beach Club. Great place for day time.

Destino - Can be good for a chilled pool day that turns into a party later on. (Andy Baxter is a good DJ for daytime if he’s still playing there)

Amante - beach club, a must and can go in the day or evening. Best setting on a cliff in a bay.

Petunia - An oasis in Ibiza overlooking Es Vedrà | Hotel Petunia You have a beaut view of es Vedra, if you go at sunset its lovely. Overpriced cocktails though because of the view but really romantic and a great spot.

Es Raco - great spot with pool / garden. Cheap (ish) nice food. Wow Ibiza is nearby too.

Ibiza Town - go for a walk around and Up the castle. Great walk up and can just pick a restaurant in ibiza town. (Locals only is good if you want a healthy lunch)

The Standard Hotel has a good rooftop to drink on

Paradise Lost is good for drinks when your out out. Has some quirky decor inside.

S’Escalinata is an obvious one - but so cute, love the cushions/surroundings views of old town. Nice for daytime or sunset

La Brassa - really cute garden terrace.

I’ve been to Ibiza three times now. One with my boyfriend, one with my sister and one with some girlfriend’s.
The best beaches are:
Cala Saladeta to enjoy the best views;
Cala Bassa has a nice beach club;
Cala Comte has the best sunset (Sunset Ashram has a new age vibe);
Benirràs on Sundays for the drums party;
Cala Llenya to get away from the crowds;
Ses Salines has white sand, paparazzi and nice restaurants/clubs;

Ses Illetes in Formentera is the best one.

The restaurant that I love are:
La Brasa in Eivissa for great paella and good vibes;
Juan y Andrea in Formentera to eat with the best view (be careful with the fish prices);
Various restaurants in Passeig de Vara de Rey.

The island is a great place to shop for fun and unique pieces:
Loewe close to the design museum;
Las Dalias market ti buy hippy and bohemian clothes and decor;
P.A.R.O.S.H. in Passeig Vara de Rey.

I went to Ibiza last year for the first time. I loved it. I wanted to add to all the other recommendations above - a must in my opinion is a visit to PIKES. Situated just outside San Antonio this where Wham! filmed the iconic ‘Club Tropicana’ video.

It’s a hotel/restaurant/bar & nightclub. We had the most AMAZING night out there. Book a table at Pamela’s (their restaurant) the food is superb and on Sundays they do traditional Sunday roasts. Then have cocktails around the Club Tropicana pool, before moving into Freddie’s (the nightclub, named after Freddie Mercury because he was a regular) to dance the night away.

You must book in advance, it’s a very popular place and you’ll feel like Alice in Wonderland once you’re there, it’s a high octane, glamourous, quirky, homely place with a bright pink tennis court (built for Freddie as he wanted to play tennis whilst in residence there). Just Google it and look at the amazing photos. Enjoy :clinking_glasses: