Indian Wedding Outfits

I am going to a wedding in India at the end of the year and need beautiful outfits. Does anyone know where where I can find lehenga’s and saree’s online or in London? X

1 Like

I found one on Vinted for an Indian wedding I went to last year and it was perfect! I actually now rent it out on byRotation, there are so many good options on there as well - both options were cheaper than the ones I was looking at online so I’d start looking there first x

I would recommend Pernia’s pop up store - they have a huge online range of so many beautiful styles but they also have an instore central London store!! Amrika London also has some great options and circular threads is great for renting pre-loved pieces to keep your looks affordable. Of course I’d suggest Southhall for some great instore selections. x

I’m also going to a wedding in India at the end of this year. So exciting! I was lucky enough to be taken shopping by the mother of the bride to Wembley High Road.

There are loads of stores and a wide range of price points. One thing to be aware of is that some shops only stock one size (Brandy Melville goes to India :wink:

If you are petite, you’ll have no issues. I’m a size 16, so my friend took me to the stores which have a range of sizes. Once you find your size, it’s then just a case of trying on anything and everything!

Something I had been unaware of is that with many of the dresses and tops, they come with extra fabric in case you want to add sleeves. My friend assured me that there would be no issues having my arms bare, but it’s an option if you feel more comfortable with sleeves. Also, the tops come with cardboard breast cups which are usually oddly placed. I’ve had my seamstress remove these and the fit is much nicer.

Will you be attending all of the events? If so, you’ll want to check what is appropriate for each, eg. the wedding we’re going to starts with a cocktail party which is quite formal, but the other ceremonies leading up to the actual wedding are less so. Also good to know about colours (red is usually reserved for the bride on the wedding day, but ok for guests at other times - I was advised to wear green to the wedding), bright colours (yellow, orange, pink) for the henna ceremony, etc

Apologies if I’m telling you stuff you already know! It was all new to me and I did t have a clue.

Have fun shopping and enjoy the wedding!

Venisons has several shops on Wembley Road and I bought most of my outfits from them.

If you go to Wembley Road, I recommend stopping for pressed sugar cane juice and street food snacks

Southall is also well-known for Indian shops and I’m told you can haggle there, if you fancy it!

Make sure you take a look at our new article!

1 Like

Regarding the outfits in the SL article - absolutely stunning! If your budget stretches to those heights, lucky you, however there are many beautiful options to accommodate a tighter budget, as you’re likely to need at least 3-4 outfits for the different celebrations.

Also, it’s worth checking with your host, as the gorgeous lahenga outfits with the small jewelled blouse definitely brought to mind outfits work by Kardashians to the Indian wedding of 2024, might be a bit OTT for the wedding you’ll be attending. Good to check before hand and avert a potentially awkward or embarrassing situation!