Interior designing & styling

Hi CC! Love your new house decor! Where do you find inspiration from? Have you done the design process yourself or used an interior designer? If you have done it, how have you made it happen (moodboards, perhaps)? Lastly, love your velvet cushions on your sofa, where are they from please? Tx

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish we had used an interior designer in some respects, as it would have meant it would have actually been close to being finished by now, but no, we’ve done it ourselves, which I was keen to do as I love the hunt and the pride I can take in knowing it’s all my own ideas and finds. When I’ve found a room a bit difficult I have found moodboarding really helpful - for example I went for a bright green in my dressing room which I loved, but just couldn’t work out what colours/prints should go next, and I was nervous it would look like a child’s bedroom. So I just save some things down I love, including colour palettes, products, swatches etc, and see how it all works together. I’ve wanted as much as possible to be vintage or from small British designers, so that has made it slow, but it also does give some direction when browsing too. And cushions are Christina Lundsteen via Matches xx

2 Likes