London: Birthday celebrations for husband

Hi everyone! My husband’s birthday is coming up next Friday, and while I’ve planned a special dinner for the evening, I’m stumped on what to do during the day this year.
It’ll be just the two of us (everyone else will be at work), so I’m looking for something relaxed yet fun in London to fill our day after we’ve had cake and exchanged gifts.
Do you have any suggestions please (he loves all things food / cooking / golf/ cricket)?
Thanks

2 Likes

Would a West End show not do?
There’s this app called fever, maybe there’s something there that might excite the both of you. They have a soundbath experience thing happening (though not sure of dates/times).
Honestly, I’d take him for a walk at Brighton Pier for the day if I could fit it in schedule.
Good luck with whatever you end up doing and many happy returns to the both of you!

1 Like

Brighton sounds like a great shout! Or if you want to stay in London maybe you could do a cooking class together if he is a foodie.
If I was planning a day with my boyfriend I think I would book an exercise class together and then maybe massages in the afternoon pre going out for a meal.

1 Like

London-wise, how about some live music/jazz at Ronnie Scott’s? It’ always so fun and the early show starts from 5.30pm so you’ll have plenty of time for dinner afterwards.

Or, I recently heard about the Experimental Perfume Club where you go and create your own bespoke perfume / cologne.

Otherwise how about an exhibition? There’s the Accidentally Wes Anderson: The Exhibition, Frameless, and lots going on at the newly opened National Portrait Gallery. I would be very happy with that and a drink at a champagne bar followed by dinner!

1 Like

Sixes social cricket - you can play too - https://sixescricket.com/

Or similar with golf https://urbangolf.co.uk/

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi, I was also going to suggest a golf experience - swingers is really good fun. Or flight club for darts. Or perhaps spend the day/afternoon at Battersea power station, there’s so much to do and lots of food and drinks places. Try going up the lift inside one of the chimneys!
Have fun and I hope he has a good birthday

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone. We were so lucky with the weather which made everything so much easier to plan. Also we went to Evernight for dinner. Highly recommend if you love Japanese food!

1 Like