London ideas for visiting parents

Hi everyone, so my parents are visiting in February and I’m trying to come up with a day out in London with them. They love the going to West-End shows but tickets are slim pickings for their dates so I’m trying to find alternative activities. Mum is 3-4 months post hip replacement so lots of walking isn’t ideal. Any nice restaurants, dining experiences, low intensity activities, things that are ‘a little bit different’ I’d love to hear what you think. Really appreciate any replies .

Thanks so much,
Al

2 Likes

How lovely, when my parents come to Londo I love to take them to the type of restaurants that have a bit of a twist to them, are a bit of an experience in themselves

I love Haidilao hotpot and Koba koren bbq http://www.kobalondon.com/

An afternoon tea in an iconic hotel is also always very nice, the Berkely afternoon tea is lovely

1 Like

For something a bit different I would recommend Caravel which is a lovely restaurant on a canal boat – the food is lovely and it’s a great spot for lunch.

Hey Al!

1. River Thames Cruise
  2. Afternoon Tea Experience - Maybe try the Ritz or Fortnum & Mason for a classic experience, but for something different Sketch or the Shard could be exciting options.
  3. Kew Gardens - If the weather is nice. They have mobility scoots and wheelchairs available, making it easier for your mum to enjoy without too much walking.
  4. London Eye with Champagne Experience.
  5. A visit to the Wallace Collection.
  6. Dinner cruise on the Thames.
  7. Dinner at Duck & Waffle
  8. Dinner at Clos Maggiore.