Low carb tasty dishes

I am trying to implement more low-carb high-protein meal options throughout the week. Do you have any recipe suggestions or inspiration sources? :heart:

1 Like

Hi!
I love a good dhal or a bean dish. I LOVE Bold Bean co butterbeans. They are so creamy and delicious and very high in protein.
Here is a dhal I make a lot. So yum and v filling. What’s On My Table, With Alexandra Dudley | SheerLuxe
This is another butterbean dish that is delicious and v nourishing.
What’s On My Table – With Alexandra Dudley | SheerLuxe
And another one, curried butterbeans. SO quick to make.
Alexandra Dudley on Instagram: "CURRIED BUTTERBEANS It is FREEZING and all I’m craving is comforting food with big flavours. This is just a really good comforting bowl that comes together in 10 minutes. Serves 2 🫶🏼 Neutral oil such as sunflower oil 1 small shallot or ¼ of a white onion, finely diced Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated 1 garlic clove, finely grated 2 tsp ground turmeric ½ tsp Garam Masala ½ tsp ground cumin ½ tsp ground coriander 2 tbsp tomato puree 100ml water 700g jarred butterbeans with their bean stock (I love Bold Bean Co) Salt 100g thick Greek yogurt Juice of 1 lime Coriander and more yogurt to serve   Heat the oil, shallot, ginger, garlic and spices in a frying pan over a medium heat for about 3 minutes until the spices begin to smell fragrant and the shallot and garlic has softened.   Add the tomato puree and water to the pan and cook off the tomato puree for about five minutes until you have a slightly gloopy paste.   Add the beans with their bean stock from the jar and stir everything to combine. Reduce the heat slightly and allow the beans to cook for about 5 mins until hot and bubbling.   Stir through a pinch of salt followed by the yogurt. Switch off the heat, add the lime juice and taste to check seasoning.   Ladle into bowls and serve with more yogurt and fresh coriander if you like. #butterbeans #curry #beanrecipes #beans #bowlfood #comfortfood"

I also love a really good chicken salad with lots of crunchy veg and usually some seeds etc.
This is a really good spring one

and here is another one. I use yogurt in the dressing too which adds protein too.

1 Like