Lunch inspo

Hi :wave:t3:
I wonder if you have lunch ideas - I’m in a bit of a rut. I’m at home a lot at the moment and don’t have energy for hours of cooking or, I will dedicate that energy to cooking supper. For lunch I ideally want quick - and I’m in a rut of sandwiches (which I’d rather not indulge in), soups or omlette/scrambled egg. I’m afraid I’m not a salad girl… and hate any kind of bean or pulse…
Am I missing a lunch trick?
Thank you!!
Cx

2 Likes

Hi

Just thought I’d chip in, my favourite lunch at the moment is Longley Farm cottage cheese (the full fat one is amazing, so thick and miles better than any other). I have this either on sourdough, with fresh tomatoes, basil, balsamic and olive oil, or I have it on corn cakes with some carrot sticks, tomatoes and grapes. Little prep but delicious and plenty of protein.

2 Likes

Ooo thank you! Xxx

I love a scrambled egg/omelette lunch. This is also one of my go-tos.
If you’re not a salad girl, could you be a noodle salad girl?
I love a chilled soba noodle salad. So easy too. I add lots of crunchy veg (tenderstem broc, edamame beans, carrot) lots of herbs and some shredded chicken. Then make a really good peanuty sauce. Here is a recipe for one.
1 heaped tbsp of smooth peanut butter, I love Manilife
1 heaped tbsp of miso paste
1 tbsp of mirin
1 tbsp of sesame seed oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
1 small garlic clove, finely grated
Thumbnail-sized piece of ginger, grated
Water
mix together all the ingredients adding enough water to achieve a spoonable consistency.
I’ll do all the ‘prep work’ in one go. So make the dressing, steam or roast some broc, blanch the edamame (peas also good tbh) and grate the carrots. Then the noodles literally take 2 mins to cook on the day. You’ll have enough for 4 servings of the dressing in the recipe.
Or, if you like chilli, I love a big spoonful of the White Masu Peanut Rayu is SO good.
Also, kind of a salad but not a salad… potato salad but spike it with shredded chicken and some steamed asparagus or tenderstem broc for some greens. THIS is a great dressing and so easy to make. Like a better, creamier caesar dressing. Don’t worry if you don’t like anchovies, you won’t really taste them.
For the dressing
150g Greek yogurt
6 anchovies
1 small garlic clove
1tsp Dijon mustard
Juice of half a lemon
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp finely grated Grana Padano
Wizz it all in a high speed blender (I use a nutribullet). Blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning.

Love the noodle idea particularly! Thanks x

This sounds epic! Will have to give that cottage cheese a try.