Manchester Recommendations please?

Restaurants, museums, cafes, things to do etc.

Hey Jessica,
Firehouse is fab for evenings
Federal for brunch
Ducie street warehouse cool for a drink
The Alan for a drink
Factory coffee - the best coffee in Manchester

Enjoy Manc, it’s the best city (in my opinion) :slight_smile: x

The Spärrows is a lovely little restaurant, and Kimpton Clocktower Hotel is always nice for cocktails (looks lovely at Christmas, too).

The Manchester Christmas markets are really great and span the whole city - so hard to miss! If you are going around Christmas time, then the Oast house (a bar but also does food) has a really nice atmos with live music, teepees and log fires.
The Counter House and Alberts Schloss are best for Sunday roasts; Alberts Schloss usually put on a live band for it which is super fun, when I went there was a Gospel choir but it ranges!
For a bar with panoramic views of Manchester, try 20 Stories or Cloud 23 (you’ll need to book!).
There are also loads of vintage thrift shops and independent coffee shops and bars in the Northern Quarter so worth taking a walk around there.

Enjoy! x

If you fancy some live music then Matt and Phred’s in The Northern Quarter has a great atmosphere. Adele played there when she was just starting out!

https://www.theblackfriarsalford.co.uk/ - this is one of my favourite restaurants in Manchester. The most gorgeous, cosy pub with classic pub recipes. Don’t be deceived by the exteriors, the inside is fab!

1 Like

I stayed at The Kimpton Clocktower last year and was really impressed with the service, bar and stylish interior!

I still think about the Australian style brunch I had here Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks Menu’s | Federal Cafe Bar