Middleton Lodge Estate staycation

Hi everyone, hope everyone has had a lovely christmas break and New Year. I am looking to book a staycation in February (thinking maybe midweek for 2/3 nights) to Middleton Lodge Estate. Has anyone stayed there before? Can anyone recommend any places to go or things to do either on-site or nearby? Any tips for staying there? Food? Accommodation? Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Ellie,

I stayed here last November and had the best time, it’s such a lovely hotel and the food is amazing - all made with local produce and very seasonal. There are some nice walking routes and the hotel has just opened its outdoor pool too.

I would really recommend pairing it alongside an afternoon in York which has so many lovely independents cafes, bookshops and restaurants.

1 Like

It’s excellent! Have stayed a few times but a while ago when there weren’t so many rooms, so stayed in a garden room and coach house room which were both lovely. They have rooms with outdoor hot tubs now which look amazing. Coach house restaurant is fab, as is forge. Def try the new forest spa which has the outdoor pool. Think you have to book that separately, even if staying as a guest, but it’s gorgeous and treatments are dreamy! We did some clay pigeon shooting there a while ago too - they arranged for a private lesson for us, so there is a variety of options if you want to do something a bit different.

1 Like

Ooh, enjoy – I’m also hoping to visit this year. Make sure to visit the Hepworth on the way up:

1 Like

Thank you! x

Thank you x

Hey, I stayed here back in October and wrote a recommendation on here too (you may have to scroll back to 8th October). The new spa area is stunning, but make sure to book a package or you don’t get access to all the facilities including the pool - if this is something you would like to do.
Have a look and see if they are hosting events over the period you are there, as they often host masterclasses or education sessions about their garden etc.

Have the best time, it is stunning!

1 Like