Milos greece

Hi some tips for Milos greece ?
Stay , food and sea ?
Thanks

2 Likes

I am also planning on visiting Milos this summer. Looks so relaxing!

I am yet to do any plotting, but I’ve heard really good things about Utopia and Mostra!

Hi, My husband and I went to Milos for 5 days in August and it was our favourite trip last summer.

Must go restaurants are: O Hamos and Medusa, the latter has sea views (you can’t book them though).

Definitely go see Sarakiniko Beach, it’s like no other and I’d recommend doing a shared catamaran trip around the island as you can access more beaches that aren’t accessible by car.

If you want to see more of our recommendations we have a travel / food blog https://www.thehungrysoles.com/milos and see the guidebook for our recs. Hope this helps x

1 Like

Thanks, Alice – a PR told me about Medusa a month or so ago, but I couldn’t remember the name! Thank you.

1 Like

We’ve just booked to go in Sep! Going to do Athens, Milos and Sifnos. Can’t wait. Only flights and accomm booked so far so would love any more reccos if anyone has them :yellow_heart:

Milos
Fresh fish at Medus
Ergina for dinner with the locals (reserve in advance) or Avli Milos for greek food in the heart of Plaka
Keep space for Palaios Pastry, homemade treats - delicious

Sarakiniko Beach is the one you see all over instagram with places to sun bathe and hop from the rocks into the ocean
Firiplaka Beach is a long stretch of sand with restaurants there for lunch

Sifnos (the absolute best island!)
You will struggle to find a bad meal here but here are some tips…
Sifnos Cheese is SO delicious (like if goats cheese and feta had a baby) and the islands star dish, a chickpea stew
Omega 3 - best restaurant on the island so full of Brits but worth it
The taverna for lunch on Chrissopigi Beach, explore the church on the island, swim and then order 100 things from the menu
Order the lobster pasta (£££) from Limanaki in Faros
Kastro - Captain George Taverna for lunch and Kavos Sunrise Bar for sunset drinks
Drakakis, Apollionia for dinner

Sifnos Trails are walking routes all zig zag, coast hugging around the island but the best is Route 4 from Platyos Gailos to Vathy and have a well earnt lunch at Tsikali

ENJOY! I am beyond jealous xx

1 Like

This is amazing!! Thank you so much :white_heart: