Mother's 60th

My mother’s 60th birthday is coming up in September and I am looking to plan something for her as a surprise. I am 22 and she is literally my best friend and would love to treat her to something incredibly special as she has been through a lot and has been my absolute rock over a very tough 2 years. We both love travel and usually do a girls Italy trip each year but due to circumstances it has been challenging to organise. She absolutely loves yoga and I ideally would love to get her an experience as opposed to a possession like a Loewe handbag or something. She has a couple of close friends but I don’t know whether she would want to just celebrate alone. She usually loathes birthdays but i really want to make her feel incredibly special! If anyone has any suggestions that would be so amazing x

1 Like

What about planning a full day for her in London - start with breakfast, then see an exhibition, then lunch, then some shopping, then a show? You could always squeeze in a mani/blowdry too - or do a yoga class instead of breakfast xx

I’d suggest a night away somewhere which has a yoga class. That way you can spend quality time together and she can do something she loves. Then I’d arrange to have her closet friends join you for afternoon tea or lunch afterwards - that way she can celebrate without feeling too overwhelmed?

Not sure on your location, however Limewood is gorgeous in the new forest - Fitness & Exercise | Lime Wood Hotel. They have an amazing spa and lots of exercise classes, yoga is on the list. Food is gorgeous too. There’s lots of lovely local walks. Aside from the forest itself, Hengistbury Head is lovely with all the beach huts. You can hop over from Mudeford Quay on the mini ferry and have a glass of something nice by the beach. Like Georgina said her friends could join for lunch x

You could have a look on Healing Holidays which offers lots of lovely yoga retreats in the UK and abroad. Otherwise Green Farm has day and weekend yoga retreats at its farm in Kent!