Nails destroyed

I would recommend looking into builder gel. My nails became paper thin after I picked my nail varnish off and my mum recommended I get a very thin layer applied under my normal nail varnish. I only had to do it once and my nails were completely back to normal. My mum always did her nails at home and now is a complete convert to builder gel. It is applied and taken off like gels are so it’s worth making sure you’re getting it done and taken off well.

1 Like

Have a look at products by the Manucurist. It is a French brand but you can order in UK from Manucurist | Official UK Stockist | Safe, Non Toxic Nail Polish – Pure Source. It is as natural as you can get in nail varnish and they have lots of lovely treatments. Particularly recommend the active glow range

1 Like

Thank you very much, that is really helpful!,

I’ve just had a look, and I’m impressed. I read an article from a manicurist that suggested acetone free nail polish remover. This makes total sense to me, and this site has exactly that, so I will definitely give it a try. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi. Gelatin can help strengthen your nails. Either eating gums or make jelly cubes and eating it daily.

1 Like

Hi, I note you say you cannot wear any nail varnish, but Black Diamond Nail Hardner from Beauty UK is amazing at restoring and protecting your nails. It is very reasonable too at anywhere from £6 to £10 depending where you buy it from. I used to wear false nails continuously and my natural nails were destroyed, but this stuff brought them back to their own and now they are as long as the false nails I used to wear. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Good luck

aw this is so annoying
the no1 advice i’ve been given is to consistently keep the nails moisturised using a cuticle oil
I’d try https://www.justmylook.com/opi-pro-spa-nail-cuticle-oil-8-6ml-p9360/s10410?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=opi-pro-spa-nail-amp-cuticle-oil-8-6ml-600935&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&glCurrency=GBP&glCountry=GB&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwm_SzBhAsEiwAXE2Cv9tJ7TB5AKTp-zC6PDfD-Knl8wL424TV2qoUEZMrB1K8SWdWP5dAfhoC0kMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and then ive also heard great things about Manucurist Base S.O.S 15ml | Cult Beauty

also while it may sound counterintuitive, BIAB will help keep your nails strong and grow out too xx

Collagen can help strengthen nails. A little tip though is jellly. If you make jelly and gave some everyday it can help. Or eat wine gums as same in them to. Just not good for vegetarians or vegans. Or use biotin supplement and eat foods rich in vitamin A, B, C and E. I believe Keratin based treatments can help but not sure