Next up in the SheerLuxe Book Club… All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

LOVE this, thanks Vanessa!

The fourth Book Club podcast is now live!

You’ve been reading & commenting & now the latest Book Club podcast is live…

Listen to it here.

Heather & Georgina are joined by Waterstones’ Head of Books Bea Carvalho to delve deep into Anthony Doerr’s prize-winning historical novel All The Light We Cannot See, including reader reviews on the SL Community.

Watch it here.

We also announced the next book on the Book Club: Tom Lake by Ann Patchett.

Click here to order the book.

You have six weeks to read it. Once you’ve finished reading, share your thoughts & reviews with other readers in the new Book Club thread.

If you’ve already read the book, start commenting now!

2 Likes

Rather late to comment but I wanted to let you know how much I benefited from the podcast for “All the Light We Cannot See”. I thoroughly enjoyed the book even though I initially found it hard to engage with. I have three points from the podcast:

1. The suggestions for books from 2023 and the guidance for 2024 all seem excellent recommendations.
  2. I personally don’t think the podcast made enough of the themes of light and dark running through the entire book and their importance when other senses are absent.
  3. I too thought the final chapter superfluous until I registered the date 100 years after the start of the First World War (often referred to as when the world went dark) plus it was the year a billion smartphones were shipped (IDC Market Research, BBC News 28 January 2014) thinking of Michel’s virtual war game on a hand-held device.
    Now I better get busy reading the next book. Many thanks.
1 Like