Next up in the SheerLuxe Book Club... The List by Yomi Adegoke

There are now six weeks to read the next book – The List by Yomi Adegoke. Once you’ve finished reading, share your thoughts & reviews in the SL Community with other readers.

In September, Heather & Georgina will be joined by Yomi herself to discuss her instant bestseller & answer all your questions.

If you’ve already read the book, start commenting and ask Yomi your questions in the thread below…

12 Likes

I’ve just ordered this ready for the next book club pod. Can’t wait to listen to the first, I read lessons in chemistry a few months ago and absolutely loved it, intrigued by everyone’s thoughts. I’ve been wanting to join a book club for a while and this one is ideal!

Hi, I’m new to the book club (though had read Lessons In Chemistry on hols). When will the next book be discussed please? Just wondering how long I have to read it!

Hi Zoe,

There are 6 weeks to read the book before the next Book Club podcast in mid September!

Once you’ve finished reading, start commenting in the thread to share your thoughts, opinions & any questions for Yomi.

1 Like

STARTING THE BOOK TONIGHT! I’ve been holding off getting started so we can all read it together – can’t wait to get stuck in.

2 Likes

Just ordered my copy can’t wait to start it!!

1 Like

Has anyone else started the book yet? So excited to see it in the Sunday Times bestseller list again this week!

I’m only 50 pages in, but completely hooked already!

Omg Heather I am only part way through and so hooked! It’s actually all I’m thinking about at the moment, you know one of those books? So thought provoking but so well written and fun - hard balance to get!

1 Like

Yes – my thoughts exactly!

Let us know what you thought when you’ve finished!

I just finished the book! If I’m being totally honest I thought the beginning of the book started off quite slowly but by the middle I was hooked and by the end (no spoilers) I thought it was such an enjoyable read.

I loved all the references to living in London and the nuances of being a Black woman in 2023. I also found the friendships very believable and relatable - my question to Yomi would be were these inspired by people in her own life?

Also did anyone else find her boss at the magazine insufferable?! I guess that was the point but omg !

3 Likes

I’ve got to say, as a writer I LOVE any novel or film set in a magazine office – like Marian Keyes’ Sushi For Beginners! So looking forward to reading more!

Just ordered, sounds very interesting.

1 Like

I’ve ordered the book and looking forward to starting - I’ve been wanting to read more and this book club seems perfect to help me do just that! Looking forward to getting started

1 Like

How do i get a book recommended on the book club?

I’m 50 pages in and not hooked yet but definitely intrigued as to where it’s going!

1 Like

Welcome!

Just you wait!

1 Like

Finished reading it tonight !!

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and so was excited to see it come up in your book club. Excited to discuss as more people read…

1 Like

Welcome to the book club! And that’s brilliant – can’t wait to hear what you thought!