October holiday

Hey,
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go in October and any hotel recs there? It will be with my 18 month old & my 5 year old. Hoping for some winter sun and happy to go long haul if the price isn’t too expensive.

Thanks so much x

3 Likes

Hello!
I’d recommend Italy or Spain - I think these countries still stay slightly warmer

Especially in Italy say Rome temperatures are around 18 degrees! Hope this helps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Claire, great question (I was about to post something similar for Oct - but was looking for more Europe reccs). Dubai is great for young kids and you can get some affordable lux hotels (despite all the hype of £££). Really family friends and temp in October is perfect!

1 Like

Cyprus is a great place for October sun, we’ve been to Colombia beach hotel which we loved and very family friendly and heard good things about hotels called Anassa and Almyra too

1 Like

We have been to Almyra before (4 years ago) and would highly recommend. They had a menu of baby things for you to use on your trip. We had a walker, baby bath, steriliser etc. Was great!

I’d go Greece, Spain or Italy at that time of year. I went to Rome last November and it was still warm and sunny!

3 Likes

Mallorca gets my vote every time. We stayed at the Jumeirah a few years back and it was lovely. A 2 hour flight always gets my vote!

1 Like

We went to Ikos Oceania in Halkidiki in October last year and it was still warm, Ikos hotels are super family friendly too x

1 Like

We went to the Almyra in Cyprus a couple of years ago which was great. Also the Anassa too. Both have kids clubs and was still really warm

1 Like

We love Ikos. Have been the last 2 years.x

I’ve been to Italy in October a couple of times and we had really lovely weather (think we were pretty lucky!), we went to Puglia

1 Like

I love Mallorca. Went there based on Sheerluxe’s recommendation and just loved it

2 Likes

Thanks Harriet, was that October? I’m thinking of an early November get away, ideally for a little sun and warmth. Mallorca might be getting cool then?
PS I LOVE your podcast appearances, can we have more of you please?!

1 Like

Is there a particular town you would recommend in Puglia? Thinking along the lines of beach, culture and food :grin:

Oh that’s very sweet thank you – I love the podcast. Yes, we went in late October. In November you may have to venture a little further south – maybe Morocco?

2 Likes

Thanks @HarrietRussell - yes Morocco was also on my list. Andalucía, or Istanbul too. In case anyone has thoughts?

Also - you (@HarrietRussell ) should have your own break-out show! I loved your recent comments on Barbie, picky bit ‘girl dinner’ (also single, living alone, it’s my life, has been for years!) and the outrage at partners complaining about food cooked for them! You also gave some very good and sensitive advice to a ‘reader’ question recently I remember. High five, more of you please on the podcast/SL Show/Reels! xxx

1 Like

I keep seeing Algarve listed as a warm place in Europe for that time of year but have never personally been

1 Like

I went to Puglia last year, I stayed near Polignano a Mare and Monopoli and liked both, Ostuni is really lovely too

2 Likes

Ostuni is lovely! I also really like Gallipoli, and if you want to have a bit more going on Lecce old town is gorgeous