Places like Soho Farmhouse

Love Farmhouse but it can feel a bit same-y and overcrowded at times. Plus I can’t bring more than 3 guests!
Would love people’s reccos for lesser known places around the UK with a similar vibe to Farmhouse for a cute weekend getaway with friends or a day trip for good food and lounging around. xx

*Extra points if it isn’t ridiculously hard to get to from London!

6 Likes

I went to Birch last August bank hol with my boyfriend and some friends and we had the BEST time. Super lovely vibe with gorgeous grounds. There’s a lido which is child-free in the afternoon, a fitness centre where classes are included in the price of your stay (you just have to book on) + they have extra events running during the week which you can book onto for an extra fee – I did a sound bath! Also, restaurants and a bar on site and a DJ on Friday night.

1 Like

They’re also opening one near Croydon really soon:

https://www.birchcommunity.com/selsdon/

2 Likes

I didn’t know this – so exciting!

Retreat East is also cool and has similar vibes. You can use their bikes, stay in barns, relax in the hot tub, book treatments etc!

2 Likes

Birch is fab! Food fairly expensive but it’s v v fun - I’ve been twice and always such lovely people there x

1 Like

Ohh I also have Birch on my list, heard so many good things!

1 Like

The Newt in Somerset would fit the bill for a weekend. Gorgeous house & grounds (& spa!) and the most incredible food. Easy train from London & then 5 min taxi from Castle Cary

2 Likes

Oakley court near reading / Windsor Gx

love these thanks all!

The Pig - They are at various locations but they are known for their kitchen gardens and locally sourced food. Each location has it’s own unique charm.

Beaverbrook in Surrey - Just under an hour’s drive from London. It’s a luxury country house that offers a blend of classic elegance and contemporary design. It’s perfect for a weekend of indulgence with fantastic dining options and a lovely spa.

The Wild Rabbit in Kingham (Cotswolds) - A little over an hour and a half from London by train. This is a modern British Inn offering a combination of innovative cuisine and a cosy rustic setting. It’s the same village as Daylesford Organic Farm, so there’s plenty of good food and a lovely countryside to explore.

Then there’s Limewood Hotel in New Forest. This is about a 2-hour drive from London. It’s a boutique country house. It boasts a renowned restaurant and a luxurious spa, perfect for a relaxing weekend.