Planning an easter break around Belgium- where to stay/what to do/eat

Hi! Me and my husband are planning a little getaway for my birthday around Easter.
Probs getting the eurostar from London to Brussels and then keeping a base in Antwerp and visiting Ghent and Bruges. Any reccos for food/shopping/where to stay? Thank you x

2 Likes

For Antwerp I would recommend:

Stay: August, Boulevard Leopold, Hotel Matelote

Eat: De Godevaart, t’Zilte, Graanmarkt 13

1 Like

Sounds like an Amazing Birthday Getaway!

Antwerp
I’d recommend staying at Hotel Julien. It’s stylish, centrally located and has a rooftop terrace offering stunning city views. Another option is the Hotel Rubens-Grote Markt, which is super close to the Cathedral of Our Lady and other key sights.

Food - try The Jane for a high-end, Michelin-Starred dining experience in a stunningly renovated church. For something more casual but equally delicious, check out Frites Atelier for some of the best fries and sauces.

Shopping - Head to the Meir, Antwerp’s main shopping street, for a mix of international and local brands. Don’t miss the Stadsfeestzaal, a beautiful shopping center.

Ghent
Hotel - 1898 The Post is a charming, boutique hotel located in an old post office building. It’s cosy, unique and right in the heart of Ghent.

Food - For a loving dining experience, book a table at Restaurant Publiek, known for it’s inventive dishes. Also, De Superette is a great more laid-back vibe, offering fantastic brunches and baked goods.

Shopping - Ghent has many quirky, independent shops. Explore the areas around Veldstraat and Mageleinstraat for a mix of mainstream and boutique stores.

Bruges
Hotel - The Pand Hotel, an 18th Century Carriage house turned boutique hotel, is full of charm and is just a short walk from the Market square. Another beautiful option is Hotel De Orangerie with it’s classic, elegant decor.

Food - Bruges is famous for it’s chocolate so a visit to The Chocolate Line or Dumon Chocolatier is a must. For a romantic dinner, consider Bistro Den Huzaar or Park Restaurant.

Shopping - Wander along the Steenstraat and Noordzandstraat for a variety of shops. For something unique, check out the handmade lace products at 't Apostelientje.

Remember to enjoy the local Belgian chocolates and maybe even a waffle or two! Have a fantastic trip x

1 Like

Thank you so so much! X

Eat Dust in Antwerp is such a good shop: https://www.eatdustclothing.com/pages/flagship-stores

1 Like