Podcast newbie

Ive never listened to podcasts but want to start, what’s your all time favourite?x

2 Likes

I love a podcast in the background when cooking/cleaning/showering/walking/driving! I’m normally listening to a podcast more often than music now!

I suppose it depends what your interests are but my general faves for dilemmas and chit chat are Wednesdays, Spencer & Vogue, 6 Degrees with Jamie and Spencer and Newlyweds (Jamie and Sophie Laing.)

For music I love Sidetracked with Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw. Also love Deep Hidden Meaning Radio with Nile Rodgers.

For interviews- Great Company, Mo Gilligan- Beginning Middle End, Diary of a CEO, Big Fish with Spencer Matthews, Alan Carr- ‘Life’s a Beach’, Stirring it Up with Miquita and Andi Oliver.

I usually scroll through episodes of Zoe Science and Nutrition too to see if anything catches my interest health-wise.

And of course… Sheerluxe and Luxegen!!

Hopefully you find a good pick from the above!

2 Likes

This is amazing thank you so much @eleanor_rafferty_167!!! This will keep me busy, I’ll try them all and sure will love more than a few :smiley:x

I love:

Closest Confessions with Sarel & Candice Brathwaite
Celebrity Memoir Book Club
Miss Me? With Miquita Oliver & Lily Allen
Shameless - for celeb goss and pop culture
Pop Culture with Chante Joseph for the Guardian
Infamous for celeb scandals
Brown Girls Do It Too - sex, relationships etc

If you’re after some investigative journalism Sweet Bobby and The Retrievals were both amazing

I love The Rest is Entertainment, How to Fail and Diary of a CEO - plus the back catalogue of Desert Island Discs

If you love TV/film there are lots of duos with culture podcasts on The Ringer…

I really like Trial By Content – Trial By Content - The Ringer

For an easy listen I loooove the Off Menu podcast by James Acaster and Ed Gamble, the guests are usually such good names too

Also for something fun the Normal Gossip podcast is so funny, they have people write in about local gossip and they dissect it!

If you’re into music/pop culture as well I would really recommend Popcast by the New York Times - they chat new releases and cultural phenomena in the music world and it’s so so interesting

Sweet Bobby was crazy! They’re making a series about it too so good to listen before that is released

1 Like

Smartless is my favorite, or The NYT Daily

If you like health science, Huberman Lab is so well-researched & the episodes are 2-3 hours, perfect for a long walk! Also Zoe podcast do short episodes on interesting topics in health & nutrition.
The Rest Is Politics is interesting for keeping up with current affairs
Life with Marianna for beauty, wellness, business advice