Portugal

Hi all :sparkling_heart:

I’m planning a trip in April to visit Lisbon, Porto and Douro - I’m VERY excited.

I’d be beyond grateful for any recommendations around those areas.

I’ve read a couple of other topics on travels questions and everyones been so helpful so thought I’d give it a shot.

Thanks in advance,

Sasha x

2 Likes

Hi Sasha,

There are some fun suggestion here:

1 Like

For Lisbon I’d definitely go to Casa Reia - a really chic beach club!

And in Porto - Manteigaria serves the best pasta de natas, my boyfriend brought home 20 from his recent trip there!

1 Like

I live in Porto and it is a wonderful city. I can recommend Angel’s Share a cocktail bar across the river in Gaia. It has the best view of Porto. Mind the glass in Cedofeita is lovely wine bar, go towards the back as the room is more lounge like at the rear. Octant Douro is a beautiful hotel in the wine region. From Porto a trip to Foz on the coast via the old tramway is a must. Lots of lovely restaurants there especially Cafeina and Al Mare right on the coast. A short trip on the train to Braga is highly recommended, a beautiful city.
Back in Porto a visit to Bolhao market, great produce and you can wander round with a glass of wine from one of the market stalls. A good range of restaurants to eat at on the second floor too. You can rent a private boat for 2 or 4 hours on the Douro, we have used Douro boatman (see trip advisor reviews) you can take your own drinks and picnic lunch and choose your journey, prices around 200 euros for 4 hours for the boat. So much to do I could go on and on.

2 Likes

Your trip sounds like it’s going to be amazing!

When in Lisbon, explore Belém. Don’t miss the Jerónimos Monastery and the Tower of Belém. Grab a pastel de nata (or two) at Pastéis de Belém.

Also visit the Time Out market - a foodie Paradise! A great place to sample a few things.

Xx

1 Like

Museu da Arte Antiga is an underrated museum where you find lots of European old masters.

For museums, I’d also recommend the Calouste Gulbenkin Foundation, free on Sundays after two pm

This is so helpful, thank you.
Definitely looking into Douroboatman!!

Hi Sasha

I’m thinking of a similar trip this summer. How was it? How long did you spend in each place?

Any great hotel recs, (well-behaved) child friendly?

Hope you had a marvellous one!

N x