Prom Dresses and Shops

First prom in our house, 16 year old daughter wants something classy and not something with a lace up back, that they all seem to have.
Any suggestions about where to go shopping?
She doesn’t really want to hire something but when we have looked they have not been great options either.
We are Surrey but the actual Prom dress shops are grim and also everyone is going to them and she does not want the same dress as someone else.
She is 5ft 7 and a size 10. Very long, thick dark hair. Trendy but stylish.
Any pointers gratefully received.

1 Like

I would have a look at Max Mara - they have quite a nice selection of beautiful dresses,

Pronovias: https://www.pronovias.com/int_en/party-dress-a-line-hanika,

Reiss:

Self-Portrait:

Polin et Moi (a Spanish brand):

In case she doesn’t find something to her liking, I suggest having it tailor-made.

Hi, I would suggest looking at brands like Rixo and Maje for pretty styles. I also love Reformation and Self Portrait for event dressing, all these brands would be great to invest in and then have to wear in the future, to weddings etc!

Ghost also has a great selection of simple satin dresses in a variety of colours and shapes.

On the high st I think it is worth looking at Coast, it often has a great occasion wear selection. I also think ASOS, especially the ASOS Design range is a good one to consider.

If possible, in person, I would suggest going into Selfridges. I think it has the best selection of brands to browse. I often rediscover brands and find new ones there. It is always a great store to try on lots at once.