Recommendations for Lipstick Lasting Longer

Hey! I feel that I apply lipstick and in a short time it is gone! Does anyone have any recommendations for making it last a little longer? Maybe a liner, or prep?

Thanks! x

2 Likes

Lip prep: I love to use Laneige lip mask - it helps to remove any dead skin from the lips and the lipstick remains longer. Also, using a lip brush when applying lipstick helps in keeping the lipstick longer.

2 Likes

@gaby_cauchi Amazing! Thank you for the tips. I will give it a go, I completely forgot about using a lipstick brush!

Good lip prep is key! I agree Laneige is great and i love a scrub to prep lips. This one is my fave:

https://www.beautypie.com/products/smooth-ahead-lip-scrub?ref=pla_g&memb=60ft&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMX_[Performance_Max]_(G-United_Kingdom)_(PT3-Test_SKUs)_(PT4-Member_Pricing_Test)&utm_id=20409474193&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAibeuBhAAEiwAiXBoJBh1E_T2U3KKJUm0U0GuJIOiGqLvzuQkFZCdkFCqOxTNZFUC1uguEBoCx84QAvD_BwE

1 Like

I used to do bridal make-up and my best tip for long lasting lipstick would be to use a lip scrub prior, to remove any dead skin, then wipe to lips clean.
Apply a lipliner and colour in the lip also. Then you want to apply your lipstick either from the bullet or with a brush. Take a tissue and place over the mouth, gently tap on top to remove any excess and mouisture. Then gently tap with a fluffy brush some translucent face powder, I always use Ben Nye or Laura Mercier, then once again reapply your lipstick and touch up your lip liner shape to sharpen the edge!
Hope this trick helps! x

6 Likes

I also have trouble with this. I don’t invest time in lip prep but after reading these comments I am going to - thank you!
But, I find lip liner lasts so much longer than lipstick. So when I apply liner I put of all over my lips. I actually prefer a matte look so sometimes I just stop here. If I want a bit of sheen I then apply a lipstick in the same shade, or a lighter shade if I want an ombre look.

1 Like

@Rebecca_Hull Thank you, that scrub looks gorg!

@beccistokeld Wonderful! You’d definitely know what works, I’ll give these tricks a try. Thank you!

@nicolecolahuggins it is looking like lip prep is the way to go! Thanks for the lip liner tip

The new Hourglass Phantom Glossy Balms are amazing and so moisturising too, I love shade SLIP, colour is really long lasting:

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/hourglass-phantom-volumizing-glossy-balm-1.7g-various-shades/13663922.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&variation=13663930&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAuNGuBhAkEiwAGId4ajLHFlpxYp4YmW5ec1er_S6g-PrjJv-s8M48xgZ0PKD2zYHsqMVZWxoChUoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 Like

Definitely use liner, I sometimes use a small amount of setting powder (laura mercier translucent one) before and after application of liner and lipstick, only a small brush over and find it lasts slightly longer !

1 Like

Fenty lip stain really is the bees knees! The pigment is really strong! I apply, leave on for a minuet and wipe most away. It lasts me from 9am when i start work, until i lock up again at 5.30pm! Also i use it everyday and have not had to replace it yet. (Purchased in November)

1 Like