Recommendations for Lisbon

Visiting Lisbon at the beginning of February - does anyone have any recommendations for best foodie places, must-things to do, areas to stay? Thanks!

1 Like

Casa Reîa on a beach in the south of the city recently opened and I’ve heard great things! Restaurante Pica-Pau always comes highly recommended, too, as does BouBou’s.

The SkyBar (see here) on the rooftop of the Tivoli has incredible views and serve the most delicious cocktails. There are some really cute tapas style places down by the Cathedral and lovely apartments in Alfama, the oldest part of the city. I highly recommend a day trip to Sintra, too, if you can!

I went to Lisbon with my friends in September and had the best time! These are some of the best bits we found…

Time out market - lots of good food and variety
Java - rooftop bar and restaurant, loovely drinks and food (must get the octopus if it’s on the menu still!)
Park rooftop - good for later on in the evening, cocktails
Leonetta - incredible Italian … ask for the tapas deal for starter (1 cocktail = 1 tapas)
Augusto and cafe Janis - good brunch
Fabrica or Copenhagen coffee - good coffee
Pastel de Belem for Pastel de natas however my fave of the trip were from Pastelaria

Irmao beach bar - have to book this, really nice beach (although maybe too cold in Feb!!)

The Tuk Tuk rides are great fun and allow you to fit a lot of spots in.
We used Bolt a lot to get around or walked.

1 Like