Recs for a girls weekend in Budapest!

I’m heading to budapest at the end of the month with some girlfriends and would love any recommendations for bars/food/things to do!

1 Like

I’ve been to Budapest last year and here are some nice things to do/see:

• You have to absolutely have breakfast or coffee at New York Café. It’s the prettiest most royal café ever. You need to book in advance online.
  • Visit the Buda Castle in which you will find many museums. It’s like a small village. If you like magic then I would recommend Houdini’s museum
  • Visit the Parliament from the inside. It’s very nice
  • Visit House of Terror. You can learn a lot about the Hungarian history there
  • See the Fisherman’s Bastion
  • Visit the Christmas market and try the Langos. It’s like a huge potato pancake.
  • When it comes to food, try their mulled wine, goulash, chicken paprika, chimney bread with cinnamon and of course strudels.
    Have a nice trip :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Go to an outdoor hot spring - even better in colder weather, I went in winter and was amazing - total way of life (lots of old men playing chess who look like they spend all day there) - I went to this one but there are lots http://szechenyispabaths.com/
Cross the river to Pest too, walk over the bridge - there’s a lovely bridge and view point just across the river from the four seasons. It’s an amazing city (just not great if you’re veggie!)

There are some really nice suggestions in here: 7 Festive European Cities Breaks To Book Now | SheerLuxe