Reels

I would be eternally grateful for some reel advice! I know insta is a culprit for crushing the quality of a reel but are we editing and filming in the app? Filming on a camera or phone and what settings 4k60? Editing on a laptop or phone? I normally film and edit with in the app but the quality is shocking now, any help is really appreciated- I’m at a loss! Thank you :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Here’s what I’ve been doing: I shoot on my phone at 4K60 whenever I can, then do the editing on my computer because it just gives me way more control over how everything turns out. I found that using actual editing software, instead of just sticking to the app’s built-in features, makes a big difference in keeping the quality from tanking. If you’re looking for an easy way to cut and clean up your videos without getting bogged down in all the technical stuff, I ran across this super straightforward video cutter. Hope that helps you out as much as it did for me!

1 Like

Hey Ali, I would recommend editing on a computer always as its much easier if you have editing software but I know Capcut is also a great tool for on the go. I think Insta tends to push content that is edited in app too so that may be worth thinking about. 4k is obvs great quality but I would try editing also in 1080p too, still great quality but a smaller file size, even if you film in 4k and then export in a lower file size this’ll be ok

1 Like