Restaurants, bars and things to do in Nice?

Hi…off with my girlfriends to Nice for a long weekend. Would really appreciate recommendations for good restaurants for lunch or dinner and any nice bars? Also any must do’s whilst there? Thanks

1 Like

There are some great recs here: https://sheerluxe.com/culture/travel/europe/how-spend-weekend-nice

1 Like

I haven’t been, but I’m desperate to go here…

Can’t imagine a nicer place for a long lunch!

3 Likes

This place opened more recently and would recommend for aperetivo : http://restaurantgina.com/

Other things to try in the old town:

• Chez Rene Socca for local food (try socca, farcis, pissaladiere) - you can’t book it and its a completely different vibe but worth the experience
  • Ice cream at Fenocchio (they have many flavours and some unusual ones like Olive or Tomato & basil)
  • Walks on the cours Saleya (where they have the flower market)

Have a great time!

1 Like

Not in Nice but this bar in Antibes is such a vibe if you fancy getting a 30 min cab - Google Maps

x

Hi, I lived in Nice for 2 months on my year abroad so I have a few recommendations…

1. Lavomatique in the old town
  2. Babel Babel along the sea front (so nice to sit outside in the sun with a glass of wine!)
  3. Maison Corail is a small wine and tapas bar hidden away in the old town
  4. Fenocchio for ice cream
  5. I’d really recommend visiting Villefranche-sur-mer, there’s a beach but also the cutest little town and DRY bar is an excellent restaurant

Hope that helps!

Hi! Depending on when you go, Le Plongeoir is my fav, they close in winter but should reopen in mid march. Another restaurant I love is La Favola. I also recommend taking the train (TER, goes along the coast and very scenic) to check out other nearby towns/cities like Villefranche-sur-mer, Antibes and also go to Monaco for the day.

Agree with the reco of the Le Plongeoir - diving board that looks out on to the sea as a great restaurant pick an Fennocchio does chocolate sorbat - so lactose free that is phenomenal. The beach Ruhl Plage on the Boulevard des Anglais is old school classic just remember to bring your havianas as Nice has a pebble beach. la Petite Maison is restaurant hot spot and if you do feel like a bit of an adventure - I highly recommend drinks at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc which is where Tender is the Night is based on, Plage La Garoupe - Keller Plage where the Murphys, Fitzgeralds, hemingway and Picasso had beach parties in the day. Villefranche is nearby as is Paloma Beach and Grand Hotel du Cap St Jean Ferrat both in Emily in Paris. and if you have more time I recommend the ferry to St Tropez (much easier butyou need to book) and a day trip to St Paul de Vence - so pretty and Eze.
You will have a ball!