Restaurants in Venice

We’re going to Venice for four days in December to celebrate my 30th! Looking for restaurant recommendations - both big foodies and keen to avoid the tourist traps!

1 Like

One of the best ones I’ve been to Trattoria Al Gazzettino, their seafood pasta is really good! x

1 Like

I have just returned from a short break in Venice - Can highly recommend

1. Nevodi - in the Castello district so away from the crowds. You need to book it was busy, great food and atmosphere.
  2. Birraria - on SP San Polo - good for winter months as indoors, Good menu.
  3. Following Stanley Tuccis recommendations for Chicatti we went to Arco (good but long que) and AL 4 Storti which was my favourite - great spot by a bridge, very quiet away from the bustle & delicious food and wine a really special find but check opened g for both as on the last day we returned to find it shut.
  4. There was also a great chiccetti/cold meat/wine bar just off the CP S. Giacometti Dell’Orio. Think it was called La Cantinetta.
    Recommend getting a three day Vaporetto pass. And it may sound odd but the Natural History Museum is incredible - small and does not take long to go around but just the most beautiful displays. We also did the secret tour of the Dogges palace which takes you away from the crowds and an English tour of the history.
2 Likes

I’d recommend booking a food tour of the city to hit a few of its best markets and trattorias. The Roman Guy is a reputable company to book with.

Otherwise, Osteria Alle Testiere has a daily-changing menu depending on the catch of the day, and locals love La Zucca which is traditional and charming!

1 Like

Hi there - I am going next week, so interested in any recommendations of what you did when you were there? x