Should I invest in Sambas or something different for 2024?

I’ve been tempted by Adidas Sambas for a while but worried if I buy them now, they’ll be ‘done’ in a couple of months. Are there any new equivalents for 2024 or are Sambas here to stay?

1 Like

i’d say that the shape and the flatter shoe look is going no where, BUT i’d avoid the classic b&w sambas as they’re everywhere - and therefore more likely to be “out” faster (if that matters to you!).

Instead maybe go for one of the gazelles in a colour? its such a nice way to add something a little different to an outfit. But if you’re style doesnt call for a colourful shoe like that, the Onitsuka tiger mexico 66’s are another style that are v cool. I’ve got my eyes on the white and navy colourway. I’d also look at Puma’s Palermos in b&w.

adding to this though - if you do like the sambas, get them and resell them if you dont find yourself wearing them often. i always say this to anyone worried about trainers going in and out of style - if you find you don’t wear a style anymore, pop them on depop or stockx and get another preloved pair from one of those same resellers that you do like later down the line x

1 Like

Agree with Sapna. I bought the Mexico 66s as I really wanted an everyday trainer but wanted something a bit different as Sambas were everywhere! Saying that the Sambas keep getting released in new colour ways so looks like they are here to stay for a while! x

https://www.onitsukatiger.com/gb/en-gb/mexico-66/p/1183c102-200.html?channable=01640c69640031353038393300&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAkp6tBhB5EiwANTCx1A5XtIItkcUmZycUP6VA5HDAxyP4A0_SddpW6Bh0V6GeK5EjY1o9zBoC-5sQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#1183C102.200

1 Like