Sisal carpets

Hello – does anyone here have sisal/natural carpets? I really like the look of them, but have heard from a few people that they’re hard to keep clean and that even water can leave stains/marks. Does anyone have any advice or experience? Many thanks!

I’ve had them and they really do mark with every drop of water! There are some good alternatives with 50/50 natural / non natural materials which are a bit more forgiving.

1 Like

I completely agree - we have them they look beautiful but they stain incredibly easily, and have learnt the hard way when we got a puppy that they weren’t very pet friendly. Crucial trading do some beautiful alternatives

1 Like

I agree everything marks them and they are impossible to get clean, we have positioned rugs carefully on the high Risk areas. A friend dropped a glass of red wine on week 1 of it going down!
I would try Unnatural Flooring, same look but you are able to use products in it to remove stains.

1 Like

Hi
I had sisal in my hall way once, I found it hard under bare feet, and it smells like a damp dog…wouldn’t recommend.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for being so honest! Will definitely look into alternatives x

Natural materials tend to mark really easily and are difficult to clean. It might be worth looking into an alternative artificial material such as Polypropylene (woven plastic) designed to look like natural materials such as sisal. I recommend looking at Unnatural Flooring - they are great! The rugs can be cleaned by jet washing including the binding material. Hope this helps and you find something soon. XCs

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you for asking this Q, was literally about to order a load but now am looking elsewhere!

1 Like

Happy to be of service, haha!

1 Like