Skiing - apres/dinner out

Hello, I am off skiing soon and looking for outfit ideas for Apres ski / dinner out? Ideally high street, please! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I too have the exact same question! Also looking for this

1 Like

Hi Alice and Rachel

Someone else has asked a similar question. Unless you are going on a really upmarket skiing holiday in St Moritz and planning to dine out in style, the dress code in ski resorts is generally casual layers: Long sleeved T shirts / base layers / thin cotton polo necks / shirts, layered up with warm fleeces and jumpers. A Fair Isle sweater is always good. Then your ski jacket.

A pair of jeans or leggings and of course, some snow boots with good treads on the sole. If you are planning to dance the night away, take a pair of trainers or Chelsea boots along in a bag.

Hotels and restaurants are very warm, but you need to wrap up when you step outside.

So be prepared to peel off and then pile back on the layers!

Do take a swimsuit, as most resorts have a swimming pool / sauna / wellness complex, which makes a nice break if you decide to take a rest from skiing.

1 Like

Hi, I tend to layer, so I would go for relaxed jeans with thermal leggings underneath. I love H&M for denim on the high street and both John Lewis and M&S for thermal leggings.

I’d add some warm snow boots, for these I’d look at Oysho.

Then a polo neck top for a warm base layer, M&S and COS both have great merino layers. I’d wear an oversized warm knit, H&M have some great styles right now. Then for outerwear, I think a big faux fur coat is the best. I’d look to Zara for this! Alternatively, I’d go for a warm puffer coat, I like the cinched waist styles.

1 Like

Thank you Florence! I have just ordered some après ski boots from Oysho! I hadn’t thought to look there! Really reasonably priced too.

1 Like

Ah great! Oysho is so fab, I love it