Skincare for 30's! Tips and product recommendation!

Hello Lovely people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m turning 30 this year! I would like to know tips with regards to skincare and face serum suggestions (preferable below £100) that I can start using
Would also like to know what facials you tend to go for and if there is a beauty regime you do everyday after you’ve turned 30 that has helped :wink::blush:
Thank you!

1 Like

Hello!! You might find this helpful as a guide to what to do/what’s important by age: https://sheerluxe.com/beauty/skincare/what-your-skincare-regime-should-look-every-age-0

Essentially, a good brightening serum is always helpful as we hit the big 30. Anything with vitamin C in will help, I am loving this: https://www.superdrug.com/skin/face-skin-care/expert-skin/blemish-prone-skin-care/la-roche-posay-vitamin-c-anti-wrinkle-serum-30ml/p/779608?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiA85efBhBbEiwAD7oLQKQ1eIoNdFr9GXupF3KCC3L6LRO6ab-GOKvlR6ViGcIuT-aPkoBGmRoCaOoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

And I still maintain the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is one of the best products ever. Maybe someone could gift it you for your 30th ;)?

In terms of facials, you can’t beat a good Hydra Facial - they are so good and drench your skin in hydration, so you look plump and healthy, even if you don’t feel it x

1 Like

Thank you @Rebecca_Hull these are some amazing tips - especially for hydra facial as I was thinking about this as well :slight_smile:

Thank you for linking the products/ article suggestions appreciate your reply!

xoxo

1 Like

Retinol! One that is not going to cause redness and irritation like Environ’s step up system or SkinBetter. Your skin thrives on Vitamin A. Environ also has vitamin C&E in it. So when your skin gets healthy levels of vitamin a it corrects itself. Thickens the lowers levels of skin (collagen) while thinning the top layers, so helping with clogged pores and brightening. That with good cleaning, SPF, monthly facials if you can afford and quarterly Microchanneling or needling and you are good! - Licensed esthetician of 2 decades :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sunscreen. I wear factor 50 every day and have done since i was in my 30’s and I’m just turning 44 and I really think this has helped. Also, it doesn’t need to be complicated or expensive., but find something that works for you and be consistent. I’ve used Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser for years, i’ve tried others but always come back to this.
Finally Chanel Le Gommage anti pollution face scrub is fantastic for brightening and smoothing. It smells wonderful too! x

1 Like

Hey @nishaawindas,

I’m in my early 30s and here are all my go-to products. I have normal to dry skin but most of these products are suitable for all skin types!

*Hydrafacials, ideally every 3 months. I started hydrafacials just after turning 30 and found it to be one of the best treatments ever. It’s a fairly quick treatment so great if you have a busy lifestyle.

*Medik8 hydr8 B5 serum (the intense version if your skin is more on the dry side). It’s worth every penny and a little goes a long way. I use it every morning and night.

*Heliocare 360 Fluid Cream SPF 50+. This comes in an oil-free version too. I recommend you wear SPF everyday whether you’re indoors or outdoots! My beautician recommended this because I travel a lot so have a bit of pigmentation and sun spots. Its not thick or sticky like some other SPFs. Goop also has great products.

*Avène Hydrance Rich Hydrating Cream Moisturiser. One of the lightest, most hydrating moisturisers.

*Elemis cleansing balm or Emma Hardie cleansing balm. I usually only use this when I have a full face of make up on or I’ve been travelling. Its the best and leaves your face feeling very clean, soft and just amazing!

*REN ready stead glow tonic. I love this but haven’t used it for at least 6 months now but another great product to help brighten skin.

*Dickinson Enhanced Witch Hazel, Hydrating Toner with Rosewater, Alcohol Free. This is amazing, I use it daily. Actually saw this used by Rosie HW so tried it and its a constant must have now! I tend to use this after a cleansing balm.

Hope this helps! X

1 Like

@lynseydx88 oh I’m so glad hydrafacials helped, I’m going to give this a try this year as well thank you for the suggestions! :blush:

@kate_hand @info_13 thank you for adding your suggestions! I’ll definitely be topping up on sunscreen didn’t realise its best to wear it indoors as well!
Thank you all :wink: :blush:

I’d recommend a serum with vitamin C in it like The Face Planner’s Super Hydrator. And then SPF SPF SPF! x

1 Like