South Africa recommendations

I’m heading to Cape Town for 2 weeks in March next year, would love any recommendations on restaurants, wineries and things to do in general! TIA x

2 Likes

Hi there, I live in South Africa (in Johannesburg) but go to CT once a month. Can share lots with you. Best time to go weather wise. Walk up Lions head, do Table mountain if you have time, Oranjezicht city farm market is amazing, sea point promenade. Wine Farms: You have to do Constantia Glen, Boschendal and my best Babylonstoren (same owner as The Newt in UK). You wont go wrong with any wine farm in fact. Restaurants: Chefs warehouse Beau Constantia, The SILO hotel for drinks, FYN, La Colombe, Hemelhuijs (the list goes on). CT is incredible! x

2 Likes

Also came here to say Babylonstoren! Some of my friends stayed there on their honeymoon and had a magical time… and the wine is delicious!

1 Like

Hi!

I absolutely love Cape Town, it is probably one of my favourite places to travel to. Here are a few of my recommendations.

• Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

- The Old Biscuit Mill Neighbourhood Goods Market - great casual weekend food market.

- The Franschoek Wine Tram - You can pick a line and visit multiple vineyards and wineries in one day . I agree with the others Babylonstoren is incredible . If you can try their restaurant Babel. You will need to book in advance. https://winetram.co.za/

- Kloof Street House - they also have live jazz music on Sundays

• Chinchilla- Camps Bay - any of the Cove Collection restaurants tbh https://chinchillarooftop.co.za/

• Simonstown

• Boulders Beach

• The Pot Luck Club - Need to book in advance
    -The Test Kitchen

• Asoka

• La Parada
    -Old Town Italy

• Life Grand Cafe

• The watershed Market
    -14 Stories Rooftop Bar
    -V&A Food Market

Hope you have a wonderful time !

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Some really great recommendations… I need to get planning :sparkles:

Morning! here are some notes from my last trip. Have the best time. X

Things to do

Table Mountain

Robin Island

Boulders Beach

Vineyard

The Old Biscuit Mill

Clifton Beach 4

Hop on/off bus

Green market square / Woodstock (Sat)

Food

The Test Kitchen

The Potluck Club

La Colombe (birthday dinner?)

The Codfather in Camps Bay

Finchurch picnic

Must try - Dom Pedro coffee

Must try - cream spinach

Truth coffee

The Bungalow

Chefs Warehouse beau Constantia

2 Likes

If you’re planning on climbing table mountain I’d really recommend booking an AirBnb experience rather doing it solo, they take you a slightly more interesting route and can tailor it to your fitness level! x

1 Like

Any Safari recommendations to make either near Capetown of J.burg? First timer.