Style [my] Existing Wardrobe

Hello everyone,

Has anyone here used a stylist to help edit their existing wardrobe?

Over the past five years, I’ve built a collection of clothes that I love (mainly thanks to maternity leave and lockdowns giving me time to hunt for bargains and preloved items). However, I’m not always great at putting outfits together. In the morning chaos, I often grab the easiest things and end up feeling like my outfit is “almost there” but a bit lackluster or worse, unintentionally mismatched. I have some amazing items that aren’t getting the wear they deserve.

I know it’s important to find a stylist who aligns with your personal style, but mine are quite varied. I dress based on mood, alternating between tweedy country, grungy casual, CBK minimalism, and max glamour party wear (I will not miss an opportunity to dress up and used to go to rock clubs in sequin gowns and faux fur).

I work in the design industry, have children, an active social life, love escaping to the country, and have minimal wardrobe space, so my wardrobe needs to work very hard for me!

I loved the Sheerluxe YouTube video “Style Your Existing Wardrobe” and I want something similar, plus Polaroids of the ensembles so I don’t forget! I’m based in North London.

I’d love to hear your recommendations, experiences and any advice you might have!

2 Likes

I follow Lauren Faiers - The Shopper on Instagram and love her style, she offers styling sessions x

1 Like