Stylish hiking (poor weather) outfit

I’m looking for recommendations for a stylish hiking outfit (if that exists!) Specifically a waterproof jacket appropriate for walking in the Scottish highlands over summer.

1 Like

I always like a Barbour X Alexa Chung jacket, which are warm, waterproof and stylish. Failing that, you can’t go wrong with all-black Sweaty Betty – I really like this jacket (Pro Light Performance Running Waterproof Jacket - black | Women's Jackets + Coats | www.sweatybetty.com) and this one (in black and tan) from Lululemon (Evergreen Full-Zip Long Jacket | Lululemon UK)

There are also loads of great hiking boots out there now – such as the Grenson Nanettes – although I have a pair of these, which are the comfiest I’ve ever worn – Women - Moab FST 2 Mid GORE-TEX® - Boots | Merrell

1 Like

I do think that exists! A good combination would be cycling shorts, an oversized hoodie, a waterproof jacket and some good boots. Some sunglasses and a logo cap will add extra style points. I really like these jackets from Rains - super cool and stylish.

2 Likes

Arc’teryx offers some of the best GORE-TEX and waterproofs and if you stick to black, you can’t go wrong. They are an investment but definitely worth it. You can always add more stylish mid-layers like oversized sweatshirts and fleeces.
https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/womens/beta-lightweight-jacket