Sunday Roasts in the North

Hands down the best time of the year ever, ever!!
Nothing beats the crisp cold weather, wrapped up yet the sun still shining on your face, and going for a long walk knowing there is a roast waiting for you at the end.

Visited the ‘Pearly Cow’ in York this afternoon and it was dreamy. From the interiors, to the 3 courses for £36 menu, to the plate being generously filled with gravy (we all know what they say about Northerners and gravy).
Seriously though, I highly recommend this to anyone in/visiting the North/York.

As it is just the beginning of Sunday Roast season, intrigued to hear other recommendations to travel to and try…

3 Likes

Couldn’t agee more, Megan - my favourite time of the year too! The Alice Hawthorn in Nun Munkton (near York) is an amazing pub with rooms. The food is so so good, definitely recomend for a Sunday roast!

2 Likes

I had an amazing Sunday lunch at Updown Farm outside Deal, Kent, recently. The cracking on the roast pork and the cauliflower cheese was SO GOOD. Beautiful dining room, too.

https://updownfarmhouse.com/

2 Likes

Ooooo will try the pearly cow as am nearby! Alice Hawthorn actually stopped doing Sunday lunch but are restarting in Nov which is very exciting! Other top recco near ish York, is Lime Tree Inn in Great Ouseburn. Incredible.

1 Like

Thank you, I am booked here for the 5th Nov. V excited!

1 Like