Thoughts on the Dyson hairdryer?

I have been eyeing up the Dyson hairdryer for a while and have been very pleased with the results in hair salon/hotels where I have used it. Does anyone have one at home and is it worth the hype? Thanks :heart:

1 Like

Hi,

In my opinion I think it depends on hair type and product. I have thick, long and relatively silky hair so it doesn’t stay in my hair due to the weight and length - unless I use lots of product. Invest in some good quality products like colourwow and Ouai and I think that will defo make it more effective x

1 Like

I personally love it! My hair definitely dries quicker and it never feels brittle or too hot after using it either. It’s an investment, but will last you forever x

2 Likes

I’m such a fan! I have short hair and tend to not style it often, but when I do, I’m honestly always amazed at how quickly, and sleekly the Dyson styles my hair, and with such minimal effort. It is an investment, but it is a great piece of equipment.

1 Like

My hair is quite fine and I’ve bleached it for years, I’ll always dry it with my dyson and have never noticed any damage. However, when using the airwrap it just doesn’t hold (I’ve used various products like mousses and hairsprays and nothing helps). I’ve had mine for 3 years now and it keeps switching off half way through using it. I’ve cleaned the filters and the heads but always does the same thing (I’ve seen a lot of people say this online too). Personally, I would say its not worth the money x

1 Like

I have the hairdryer and I love it. I have thick wavy/curly hair and it makes light quick work of it, either with the diffuser attachment for curls or the dryer attachment and smoothing attachment for straight. It dries much quicker than my old dryer and my hair seems to be in much better condition. Also if needed it’s amazingly fast for drying a dog after a bath too :joy: It’s much quieter than a normal dryer so the dog’s not as against it as she was with a normal dryer!

1 Like

I’ve had my Dyson for just over a year and find that my hair is healthier. Not so much breakage. As I don’t really have the patience for blowdrying and sectioning too well I find the attachment for flyaways invaluable. But it does flatten hair a bit. The overall design still gives me pleasure when I open the box !

1 Like

My sister in law has one. She has very thick curly hair and loves it. Cuts drying time. So think it will depend on your needs here

1 Like

I love it. For me as someone with fine, naturally curly hair it is perfect👌

1 Like

I really want to get this also

1 Like

I love mine, you can get refurbished ones on the dyson website which make it way more affordable!

1 Like

I have long, pin straight, thick hair so when using the dyson to curl, the curl’s don’t stay in for long. My advice would be to invest in some really good hair products alongside the dyson, including a good mousse and hairspray to prep the hair and help the look last.

1 Like

By way of an update, I invested in the Dyson hairdryer. Thank you for all your advice! As someone with long hair which is fine but I have lots of it, the most significant change has been how much faster it dries my hair. Even just doing a rough dry gets quite smooth results. It has 3 speed settings and 3 heat settings. Hoping to get the flyaway attachment as the next upgrade! It’s an expensive purchase for what it is, but it’s definitely better than my old GHD hairdryer. Looking forward to seeing what else Dyson create in the future! :heart: