UK Summer staycay with kids in July

Hello!
We live abroad most of the year so would love to have a staycation in the UK this Summer with my 3yo + 5yo. Somewhere luxury but kid friendly, with great service and perhaps some great views? July time. Any recommendations?

4 Likes

Chewton glen was great for our 2.5 year old! Their kids club’s staff were lovely and they’ve got both an outdoor and indoor pool. They also cater to kids really well at their restaurants. Four seasons Hampshire I’ve been to pre-kids and I remember they had lots of families and kids activities there so worth checking out. The grounds are beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks so much! For anyone else looking, a girlfriend sent me some options too and I’d love reviews if anyone has been;

Fowey Hall in Cornwall

Heckfield place

Four Seasons Hampshire

New Manor Park (near Peppa pig world too so that could be a cute little day trip)

Coworth Park

Thanks so much for responding, I’ll add to my list! xx.

1 Like

Another Place in the Lake District is so fab x

The following hotels are great:
-Gleneagles, in Scotland, it’s a beautiful country house hotel, and has a crèche for 2 – 8 year olds, its an hour’s drive from Edinburgh, they have family rooms and an amazing range of activities and facilities, many restaurants and stunning interiors.

-Beaverbrook, in Surrey, again, a stunning hotel just an hour from London with interconnecting rooms and a fun kid’s club by Sharky & George

-Limewood Hotel in the New Forest or Chewton Glen, if you want more traditional luxury, except it is very dated.

-Babington House, if you can book, it gets easily fully booked, but is doable Sunday-Friday, avoiding Weekends.

-Another Place in the Lake District has incredible views, a Kids Club and is great if you’re outdoorsy

-Consider the Luxury Family Hotel chain if you have a smaller budget, Fowey Hall is stunning, as is Moonfleet Manor

Some of our favourites in this feature we did last year

These are all great recs!

Fowey Hall in Cornwall - we went last summer, it’s perfect for that age range, cute beaches nearby, lovely attractions to visit, great town and the hotel has had a refurb and is packed with great facilities

Coworth Park
We just stayed here for my M-in-Law’s 70th with all the grandchildren. I think it’s one of my favourite hotels, I loved it!

Also check out Calcot Manor and The Grove - both have amazing kids clubs

Watergate Bay is great for your childrens ages. We have been a few times and highly recommend.

While Heckfield Place is great for couples, I wouldn’t recommend it for children, it doesn’t have a kids club or much to do for children, it’s main attractions are its restaurant and its spa. New Park Manor, is great for kids but not as luxurious as others, and can feel a bit crowded and not luxurious, I would recommend from this list: Fowey Hall or Four Seasons Hampshire, or Coworth Park if you’re looking for more a classic style country house.

Polzeath, Trebetherick & Bodmin are beautiful areas in North Cornwall.
Loads of activities for the whole family. There are great water sports options such as water-skiing, sailing & surfing. There are also amazing golf courses and beautiful cliff & beach walks.

The Isles Of Scilly is also a great option. Its not very crowded and has some incredible beaches.

Thank you so much for all these great suggestions!