Upholstery Fabrics

I am looking to reupholster an armchair that belonged to my grandparents - it’s in surprisingly good condition but needs some modernising! Does anyone have any good recommendations for upholstery brands I can find online? I like the idea of a black/blue ticking fabric, but open to suggestions and brands! x

1 Like

Most fabrics can be used for furniture - you just need to check the ‘rub test’ which tells you how suitable the fabric is for an armchair or sofa

In terms of fabric searches, Haines Collective sell surplus luxury fabrics for less, so you can get really amazing, high quality fabric at a lower price.

1 Like

Amazing tip thank you, Haines Collective looks great!

A tad pricey but I adore Fermoie for upholstering. The fabrics can really modernise a piece of furniture and there is a great selection. x

1 Like

A high rub count, a damask / something with texture works well as you don’t tend to see marks. I’d avoid a linen gx

1 Like

My mum has a small upholstery Instagram business and a few of her go-to brands for fabrics are:
GP & J Baker, Colefax & Fowler, Ian Sanderson, Lewis & Wood

2 Likes

This is so helpful! Thank you Daisy, will be sure to check those brands out x

1 Like

Jane Clayton is my go to for fabrics - https://www.janeclayton.co.uk/

I find the filters really helpful especially if you are looking for something specific. They have a wide range of price points too x

1 Like

Hi Tor,
Check out Guy Goodfellow, they have a really nice striped fabric called ‘Olive sacking’ in lots of colours.

1 Like

Thank you! So helpful x

Linwood do a really great range that won’t break the bank and agree Jane Clayton also very good as she stocks lots of different brands. x

1 Like