Veggie picnic/light lunch Favourites

I’m looking for some fresh food inspo for some light summery lunches and picnics - I’ve been getting a little repetitive with my recipes and would love to change things up a little.
Vegetarian, ideally not too many ingredients and not too much cooking time. Let me know what you’re loving right now!
Thank you x

1 Like

I have become OBSESSED with this broken lasagne sheets pasta salad recipe:

It’s so tasty and easy to make and I imagine it would travel really well for a picnic!

3 Likes

I love a quinoa pounch you can pop in the microwave, then add cucumber, feta, spring onions, red pepper, cherry tomatoes - whaever is in the fridge. A good drizzle of virgin live oil and some seasoning. For any summer salads I swear by these two toppings:

2 Likes

This looks SO good Heather

1 Like

I love making a filo pastry tart with ready roll filo pastry and adding my own roasted veg & pesto: Crispy filo tart with seasonal veg recipe | BBC Good Food easy win with salad for lunches and it keeps for up to 5 days

1 Like

Yes to grain pouches! The Merchant Gourmet French lentils are my favourite - delicious with cherry tomatoes, feta/mozzarella, fresh herbs, chickpeas and lots of lemon juice x

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone, feeling very inspired x

I swear by the veggie richmond chargrilled chicken pieces. I fry them in some Nando’s medium marinade sauce and pair it with some roasted veggies and job done! Super filling, so quick but also so tasty!

1 Like

I love a halloumi lettuce tomato salad!

1 Like

Thanks guys!!

This is my nutritionist’s website and she has some absolutely amazing lunch recipes.

My favourites are

‘The best bean salad in the world’
Cheddar and apple crunch sandwich
Waldorf salad

1 Like

Thanks so much, so many recipes!!

1 Like