Viviscal

Has anyone here used it? I’ve been trying to grow my hair for the last few years and it just won’t grow!

2 Likes

Yes! I used to use Viviscal religiously and I do really rate it, but the minute you stop taking it, you will stop seeing results, so it depends how good you are with regular intake…

I also recommend Hair Gains but also any good supplement with biotin in will help x

2 Likes

Hi Heather

I have not tried this hair oil myself, but I am considering it.
If the testimonials and reviews are genuine, it looks really good and is not overly expensive.

If you try it and see great results, please let us all know!

1 Like

Hi there are many products that claim fantastic results but i can recommend 1 product that you will be very happy with its Phillip Kingsley ELASTICIZER THERAPIES,Before shampooing thoroughly wet hair &apply in sections ,leave it on for as long as possible i often sleep with it on then simply wash hair & condition, i have used it for years you can go to the phillip Kingsley website and check it out for yourself, i purchase mine from QVC as its cheaper! If you get the basics correct from washing your hair and using the right products i know you will see great results i was the same as you my hair never grew now its shoulder length and in fantastic condition also check out all the comments on both websites for peace of mind ,Hope this info helps you & good luck!

2 Likes

I am also considering getting into hair oil - I was thinking about making my own rosemary hair oil to help with growth as I keep seeing tiktoks/instareels about it!

2 Likes

Thanks, B – I’ve heard that too, but still tempted to give it a go!

1 Like

Ooh, thanks for this – will look into it!

1 Like

Thanks for this – I’ve heard good things too but had forgotten about it. Will give it a go and report back!

1 Like

I bet they smell amazing!

1 Like

Rosemary hair oil is great and has been in use for afro hair for a lot longer than tik tok!
You can make the oil yourself by adding rosemary essential oil to a carrier oil of choice or using fresh rosemary.
Word of caution - don’t be overzealous with the rosemary unless you will smell like a sunday roast dinner!!
Good luck trying it out.

2 Likes

Second this. My (afro) hair is thicker and grows faster since starting to use rosemary oil. And you are 100% correct about the roast dinner caution…

But I didn’t know about Viviscal until I saw this thread; heading over to check it out now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Haha – fab advice, thank you!

yes!! I’ve just and saw a real differnence. In hair, skin and nails! Must start taking it again…

1 Like

Okay – amazing to know!

I used the viviscal serum and it was really good but also I use black castor oil and ‘wild hair growth oil’ but make sure to wash oil out thoroughly and dont leave it in the hair too long! I also used amla oil but found it slightly darkened my blonde hair but it is good for hair growth!

2nd this - I swear Hair Gain is magic! I took the capsules pre-wedding and saw a lot of growth!

Regular masking will also help with general hair health and growth. I do a weekly overnight mask, alternating between (very bog standard) coconut oil & this new discovery Dizziak Deep Conditioner | Space NK

xx