Wedding Planning!

Hi All!

I’m starting my wedding planning and we are on an extremely tight budget, I wondered if any of you had tips and tricks for anything and everything wedding - from things you did yourselves to other things you’ve experienced that were great. Also, any supplier recommendations would be ace.

The wedding is likely to be June 2025 in London.

Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

If you can, get married during the week! We got married on a Monday and saved so much money - some of our suppliers were 50% cheaper and it meant we could afford our dream venue! Plus don’t be afraid to negotiate. Yes, people need paying for their services, but if you’re going to hire them anyway they might be able to throw in little extras for free!

1 Like

Congratulations and happy planning!

I got married last year and we decided to do paperless invites and all the stationary for the wedding day ourselves. I loved the idea of getting it done professionally but couldn’t justify the cost. I honestly was so happy with the result and it was fun to do.

I essentially got lots of ideas of stationary looks from Instagram and then used Canva to re-create them and then got them printed professionally. It cut the costs so much. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats! Here are some ideas:

Start by writing a list of your non-negotiables, there are going to be some things that you will need and want to spend money on so get these prioritised so you can budget effectively.

Secondly, this sounds obvious, but keeping the guest list limited to close family and friends will significantly reduce costs on catering, venue etc.

Consider using services like Stem Story from the Blume Studio (https://www.stemstory.co.uk/) for DIY flower arrangements. This can be a cost-effective alternative to hiring a professional florist.

Getting married at a registry office during the middle of the week often comes with reduced rates compared to weekend ceremonies at traditional venues.

You can save on printing and postage costs by opting for paperless invitations or purchasing a wedding invitation template on platforms like Etsy (e.g., https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1513156602/wedding-invitation-set-template-with?click_key=f249a532619c6b98c17cfd577f90df313f69b3c7%3A1513156602&click_sum=24ec976f&ref=internal_similar_listing_bot-5&listing_id=1513156602&listing_slug=wedding-invitation-set-template-with) and customisingthem yourself using Canva or templett.com.

Consider renting your wedding dress from platforms like HURR or purchasing a pre-loved one from websites like stillwhite.com. This can be a more affordable option compared to buying a brand new dress.

Hope this helps!! x

2 Likes

For Flowers find a local florist or supplier like in Covent garden flower market. Always worth negotiating the prices as well. Never hurts to ask the manager for a discount.
If you know what flowers you want ahead of time you can then make your own hand tied flower bouquets the night before. The bouquets from your bridesmaids and yours as well can double up as flower arrangements on the table. This way the flowers are not smashed on the table and they can then be put in a vase on the table for all to enjoy.
Dried flowers are also another option that can be used for the table decor and or the bouquets depending on theme.
If DIY is something for you, then you can also look at supply stores like Hobby Craft for ideas and less expensive items as well.
Happy Wedding Planning!

1 Like