Weekend in London with mother-in-law ideas

My mother-in-law and I are planning a weekend in London in January and I am looking for suggestions for somewhere to stay (ideally with a spa), great restaurants and things to do (galleries, theatre etc).

All ideas very gratefully received!

Nobu Portman Square is very smart, and its new spa is lovely for treatments or reformer Pilates classes if you want to splurge. Claridge’s also has a new destination spa which is very impressive, while The Ned’s spa has great facilities - again, both at the pricer end of the scale.

For a bit of culture, I would go to the Cezanne exhibition at Tate Modern, and the various exhibitions at the V&A (icnluding ‘Korean Wave’ and ‘African Fashion’). Have a look at TodayTix for last-minute theatre bookings, otherwise I would bookmark Othello at the National, Good with David Tenant at Harold Pinter Theatre, and any of the Christmas offerings at the Royal Albert Halls which still has good availability!

Depending on your budget I think the Ned is such a lovely treat - the spa is of course great, Millie’s Lounge do a really great afternoon tea and it’s just got such a lovely atmosphere

1 Like

Browns Hotel is really nice if you’re into shopping as it’s so close to Regents Street and Oxford Street, plus all the top Mayfair shops – plus the RA! It also has a lovely restaurant and spa, which uses Irene Forte products (which I really rate!)