Where to eat/drink/sleep in Sicily

Going on a little 10 day road trip around Sicily at the end of June and would love to know if anyone has any foodie/culture recommendations, along with any places to stay that won’t totally break the bank?

We’ve booked one hotel so far to spend a few days remotely between Palermo and Cefalu in the middle of our trip, but we’ll be starting east in Catania, moving up to Taormina and then driving west to Palermo and Scopello before ending back East to stay in Noto and Syracuse so any reccs along the way would be fab!

4 Likes

I did a Sicily road trip two years ago and it was so nice!

You absolutely must go to one of the Planeta wineries, they have about 5 different estates around Sicily but the Etna one is particularly lovely (its also where they filmed some of white lotus season 2)! The wine is amazing and the winery tours/tastings are well priced.

I’d hit some Etna wineries on your way from Catania to Taormina anyways, its a nice detour around the Volcano and through some cute little towns. You definitely do not need more than a day in Noto, but Syracuse was really cool-- wish we had stayed for longer. Drink lots of nero d’avola and nerello mascalese for me!

Hit the beach for sure-- we went to Spiaggi di Calamosche, which was near Noto. It’s a nice 10 min walk from the parking so yo really feel like you’re in nature, just make sure to bring snacks! I wish we had time to make it to the Turkish steps beach, but it’s on the top of the list for next time.

Definitely go to the Priolo natural reserve to see the flamingos – super odd that they’re just there but super cool!

Palermo is easy, there’s lots to do and you can truly walk around all day and all night-- the Ballaro food market is cool and make sure to get a brioche with granita for breakfast, sounds heavy (and it is) but you’ve got to have it once. They’re also known for their arancini, which is a must!

1 Like

This is amazing thank you SO much

of course!! you’ll have an amazing time regardless, its so beautiful!!!

There are some lovely places here:

I’m desperate to go to Casa Lawa!

that looks mega - thanks Heather!