Where to spend Bastille Day

Hi ladies,

Does anyone have suggestions of a nice town/village in France to spend Bastille day visiting? Anywhere but Paris as this would be too busy and too complicated for me. My partner and I will be travelling in a motorhome for two weeks which will include 14th July so we would like recommendations on a nice place to enjoy the day of celebration. Northern or NorthWest France is probably more likely than the South. Thank you so much x

2 Likes

I would either suggest Normandy - Caen, Bayeux, Etretat, Honfleur, Giverny & Limetz-Villez, Evreux, Vernon and Mont St Michel or else the Loire Valley - Tours and then visit Villandry, Amboise, Angers, Chenonceau, Chambord, Saumur and Azay-le-Rideau.

1 Like

Carcassonne would be a good shout and the fireworks are said to be some of the best in the country on Bastille Day! To the north Lille is such a lovely city and no doubt has lot of celebrations

1 Like

Mont St Michel would be magical, but I imagine any accommodation will need to be booked asap!

1 Like

I did a road trip through France last summer and was completely blown away with Dijon. It’s very historical - feels like the French equivalent to York - has a HUGE indoor food market, stunning architecture, and a nicely compact city centre so easy to get about

1 Like

I hear good things about Le Havre, Caen, and Rouen…

1 Like